Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT SOMEONE WHO IS PASSIONATE ABOUT DRIVING INNOVATION
We are looking for a Data Science leader who will build & lead an engaged and inspired organization of top talent which drives innovation. The role reports to the CTO and will be focused on building a foundational data science team and productizing the most comprehensive and insightful set of performance metrics for athletes and teams worldwide, uniquely meeting customer needs across our Professional and Prosumer segments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead product data science teams. Your deep technical knowledge will allow you to work across data science, product and engineering teams working together to build great products.
- Lead the creation of pragmatic, prioritized, actionable analytics product roadmaps working with product management, that effectively distill vision and strategy into efficiently shipped results.
- Be creative - relentlessly identify new ideas and data sources to solve very difficult problems.
- Distill the vision and strategy for the team(s) to generate enthusiasm
- Be deeply truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction. Solicit and embrace critical feedback. Be ready to roll-up your sleeves to solve problems.
- Collaborate with Catapult internal stakeholders, including product, engineering, product operations, finance, legal and global operations teams to ensure that our technology supports Catapult’'s business objectives, globally.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Comfortable enough with research methodologies to address abstract business and product problems with utmost precision.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Excellent educational background in computer science, machine learning, statistics, applied math, economics, operations research, or a related field. PhD degree preferred.
- Experience in leading Data Science and Machine learning teams is required.
- Prior experience working with Data platforms to be able to identify and label datasets
- Prior experience as a data scientist developing and iterating models using various algorithms and techniques. Prior experience in deploying these models to production and monitoring the model performance and making adjustments.
- Strong expertise in data science/machine learning. Prior experience developing predictive and prescriptive analytics models and applications is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Deep Learning, Neural Networks is required.
- Previous programming experience in Python/C++ is preferred
- Strong experience in modern machine learning frameworks like Tensorflow, XGBoost, Scikit-Learn, Keras, OpenCV is a plus
- Prior experience with ML-Ops is a plus
- Bias towards action and impact - able to structure a project from idea, prototyping, productionization to impact quantification. Industry experience with a proven track record of delivering impactful results preferred.
- Passionate and attentive self-starter, great communicator, amazing follow-through - you have a great work ethic and love the responsibility of being held accountable for the results.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.