Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT CLOUD SERVICES AND GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY
The Catapult Information Technology & Cloud Operations Engineer, based in London, will be a member of the Catapult Global IT & Cloud Operations team and will be responsible for desktop support IT within the London Office and EMEA region along with management of Cloud Services to ensure that overall business objectives are met.
You will work closely with the Global IT & Cloud Operations team and decision makers in various departments to identify needs, recommend, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for the organisation and Catapult Products. Your initial focus will be to integrate the London office with Catapult IT systems, manage and support the overall EMEA region daily IT support, and administer Cloud Services and SaaS applications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Strategy, Planning and Prioritisation
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the Director of IT & Cloud Operations, department heads, and fellow employees regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Based on agreed upon requirements formulate and propose potential approaches to meet. Once a proposal has been reviewed by the stakeholders and approved, work to implement and deploy.
- Assist in the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for proposed IT spending and initiatives.
- Assist in the development and implementation of compliance standards such as HIPAA, GDPR, and ISO 27001
- Participate in the creation and review of IT budgets to ensure they accurately forecast and communicate what will be required to achieve stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Participate in the development of IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery.
- Proactively review EMEA IT and Catapult Cloud Services operation to ensure we are fully meeting the needs of our Business and Customers.
- Manage end-user services, including phone systems, IT help desk and technical support services.
- Management and support of Catapult Sports Infrastructure; primary focus on London office, EMEA offices and employees while on business travel
- Manage end users with any desktop related issues that arise on a daily basis
- Administration of G-Suite and Office 365 productivity environments and email
- End-user computer hardware and software purchasing, inventory, troubleshooting and repair, software support and research
- Laptop builds/rebuilds for existing and new hires; Archiving terminated employee data in secure company location
- VPN Connectivity & Mobile device connectivity support
- Printers and Print services
- Managing of the IT onboarding process of new employees
- Involved in cube and office build outs, involving both high voltage (power) and low voltage (data/voice) cabling and Moves/Adds/Changes/Relocations
- Utilise ITIL framework to improve ticketing and inventory practices
- Improve performance, reliability/up-time, backups, security and compliance requirements.
- Documentation of EMEA Networks, Systems, Backups, IT Procedures, Catapult Cloud Services and Implementation details
- Monitor, benchmark and analyse operations and make recommendations for the improvement of the overall IT infrastructure and systems.
- Participate in the deployment, monitoring, maintenance and support of all networking, hardware and software based on business needs.
- Troubleshoot the Cloud Operations team with monitoring of services and operational tasks in AWS / Azure
- Provide support of office(s) WAN & LAN with the ability to be available on weekends, off hours and when emergencies arise
- Administer network accounts, security groups, permissions, troubleshooting access for domains and cloud services
- Configuration and setup of systems for new employees and servers for various departments
- Ability to effectively form and manage external vendor relations
- Effectively handle any escalations for issues in your area of responsibility
- DNS management of internal and external DNS zones
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4+ years of Data Center technology experience (VMware, Dell Servers, PDU, SAN Technologies, IIS, SQL)
- 4+ years managing or supporting AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with Jira / Confluence and agile methodologies
- Excellent understanding and technical knowledge of current networking technology, security and Windows/Linux/OSx based operating systems, hardware.
- Experience in IT network and infrastructure, project management and policy development.
- Experience with systems design and deployment from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Relationship building skills and attention to detail
- Ability to keep IT management aware of and up to date on site issues.
- Ability to manage/direct contractors and interns.
- On-call availability for 24x7x365 operations
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Travel - Occasional travel to other Catapult offices/sites may be required.
- CCNA or equivalent Networking knowledge and experience
- VMware or equivalent experience
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or equivalent experience
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.