Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 -- we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
We are looking for a talented, inquisitive and proven Senior Software Engineer whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Boston, you will contribute to planning, designing, building and testing the features of our wearables software solutions that provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athletic performance.
This role requires a candidate with excellent analytical skills, strong problem-solving capabilities and demonstrated experience developing robust, efficient software.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build, extend and support locally-deployed, highly-performant software solutions for both live and post-session analysis of athlete performance by the biggest sporting teams across every major sporting league in the world
- Contribute deeply to the implementation and maintenance of efficient, reusable and reliable code to solve a variety of customers needs while considering existing technology, architecture and processes
- Drive improvement of code quality, organisation and best practices throughout the entire development process and in coordination with team objectives
- Actively participate in team engineering processes, design meetings and code reviews with the view of continuously lifting quality and improving
- Contribute to our test strategy by helping define test cases, authoring unit tests and driving automation wherever appropriate
- Foster a growth mindset on every task -- sharing ideas and opinions with an attitude and appetite for improvement; the ability to challenge, pursue outcomes and take ownership of tasks in a collaborative environment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years’ building .NET desktop applications for high performance using C# (C++ a bonus) and employing design patterns such as MVVM
- Experience implementing modern UIs with WPF
- Well-developed problem-solving capability, and a willingness to learn
- Solid knowledge of unit testing methods and tools
- Ability to produce maintainable, traceable code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with an international team
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ industry experience working within teams delivering robust, scalable applications, services and APIs using agile development practices, and with:
- Experience with data analysis (working with logs, data traces, algorithm assessments), real-time data streams and multi-threaded applications
- Familiarity with tools such as MSBuild/Cake and Jenkins
- Cross-platform development experience (Xamarin)
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.