Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHOSE PASSION FOR PERFORMANCE MATCHES THAT OF OUR ELITE CUSTOMERS
The Senior Analyst, FP&A is a highly visible position focused on partnering with executives and other senior decision-makers to deliver analysis and insights related to key SaaS metrics and financial outcomes.
Based in our Prahran office, you will work with local and US-based FP&A and Data & Analytics team members to deliver reporting, insights, and forecasts, working seamlessly across time zones to reduce turn-around times on key projects.
This role will be responsible for building and maintaining a detailed, 3-way financial model which incorporates operational and financial drivers. You will work with business leaders to lift the level of forecasting maturity across the business and ensure that our Budgeting and Planning cycles run smoothly and consistently through the year.
You will be a commercially astute and highly motivated individual who is happy to ‘roll up your sleeves’ to deliver solutions to business-critical issues. To be successful, you need to have the flexibility to work independently, as well as collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels to gather and deliver against business requirements.
You will have extensive experience in undertaking structured financial analysis and know what “great” looks like, be a self-starter, be proficient in managing and executing multiple projects, and ensure the output volume and quality of the team’s deliverables helps power the business forward.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work on uplifting FP&A analysis and reporting capabilities across our core metrics to deliver structured, transparent and verifiable insights to decision-makers.
- Work with the Data & Analytics team in preparing key reports and metrics for transition to an automated BI reporting platform.
- Partner with business to drive initiatives which identify, quantify and improve key drivers of our SaaS metrics and reported financial outcomes.
- Create and maintain a financial model for Catapult, bringing together insights and forecasts from Data & Analytics, Operational and FP&A teams to generate a robust, flexible driver-based model.
- Lead the annual Operating Plan process, leveraging insights, analysis, and modeling assets to create a detailed Budget and 5-Year Operating plan. Maintaining and updating the model through the year to ensure new data, insights and outlooks are incorporated in a logical and consistent way.
- Work with US-based FP&A colleagues and executives, collaborating on projects ‘around-the-clock’ to reduce time to deliver critical data and insights to decision-makers and stakeholders across Catapult’s global network of operations.
- Continually assess and prioritise improvements in FP&A processes & procedures, having consideration of potential impacts on internal customers and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across key stakeholder groups including Finance, Technology, Product, Marketing, Operations, and Sales.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years corporate finance and/or FP&A experience with the ability to communicate and engage with data-focused senior leaders, to understand their requirements and work autonomously to deliver and present insightful analysis in a tight timeframe.
- Experience transforming large and/or complex reports and data sets to uncover patterns and insights. A background in data analytics or financial due diligence and knowledge of SQL and Tableau would be highly regarded.
- Strong technical skills in financial analysis and the ability to produce structured, transparent, and insightful analysis traceable back to source data.
- Outstanding Excel skills including knowledge of financial modeling techniques and exposure to at least one formal financial modeling framework (e.g FAST, BPM).
- A business partnering mentality with a keen desire to immerse yourself in understanding end-to-end business functions and practices, and customer journeys, coupled with the commercial acumen to identify opportunities from them
- High-level knowledge of Agile project management and collaboration methodologies with the ability to delegate and collaborate with colleagues across time zones.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work with positivity and confidence under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- This role would suit applicants with a background in the corporate finance team of a Big 4 accounting firm, preferably with experience working in high growth, complex, global SaaS businesses.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.