Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimize athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHOSE PASSION FOR PERFORMANCE MATCHES THAT OF OUR ELITE CUSTOMERS
The Corporate Finance Manager is a newly created, highly visible position with a dual focus; 1) being our finance lead on potential business acquisitions working with operational teams to undertake due diligence, financial modeling and communicating value in investment proposals; and 2) providing US-based executives and decision-makers with analysis and insights feeding into strategy development and performance measurement.
This is a global role with interactions across time zones. Based in Boston, you will work in collaboration with the London-based Partnerships team, the Australian-based FP&A team and executives globally to assess and progress potential transactions. You will also work with the FP&A team and Boston-based Data & Analytics team to deliver data and insights related to Catapult’s key SaaS metrics, financial outcomes, and the underlying drivers of success. Using agile tools and methodologies you will work seamlessly across time zones, reducing turn-around times on key projects.
You will be a commercially astute and highly motivated individual who is happy to ‘roll up your sleeves’ to deliver solutions to business-critical issues. To be successful, you need to have the flexibility to work independently, as well as collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels. You will have extensive experience in undertaking structured financial analysis and know what “great” looks like, be a self-starter, be proficient in managing and executing multiple projects, and ensure the output volume and quality of the team’s deliverables helps power the business forward.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be the primary point of contact and delivery for Boston-based stakeholders (including the global CEO, COO, CCO, and CTO) requiring data and insights in a short timeframe.
- Manage FP&A involvement in corporate finance initiatives including financial modeling, valuations and due diligence activities on potential business acquisitions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across key stakeholder groups including Finance, Technology, Product, Marketing, Operations, and Sales.
- Partner with business to drive initiatives which identify, quantify and improve key drivers of our SaaS metrics and reported financial outcomes.
- Work with the existing Australian-based FP&A team, collaborating on projects ‘around-the-clock’ to reduce time to deliver critical data and insights to decision-makers and stakeholders across Catapult’s global network of operations.
- Work with the Data & Analytics team in preparing key reports and metrics for transition to an automated BI reporting platform.
- Provide analysis and modeling to support the preparation of the annual budget, mid-year forecasts and multi-year financial plans
- Work on uplifting FP&A analysis and reporting capabilities across our core metrics to deliver structured, transparent and verifiable insights to decision-makers.
- Continually assess and prioritize improvements in FP&A processes & procedures, having consideration of potential impacts on internal customers and stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ Years corporate finance experience with a clear understanding of transaction lifecycles and able to contribute meaningfully to discussions with senior leaders around business value, risk and opportunity.
- This role would suit applicants with a background in the corporate finance team of a Big 4 accounting firm or from an investment banking or similar background, preferably with experience working in high growth, complex, global SaaS businesses.
- Ability to communicate and engage with data-focused senior leaders, to understand their requirements and work autonomously to deliver and present insightful analysis in a tight timeframe.
- Strong technical skills in financial analysis and the ability to produce structured, transparent and insightful analysis traceable back to source data.
- Outstanding Excel skills including knowledge of financial modeling techniques and exposure to at least one formal financial modeling framework (e.g FAST, BPM).
- A business partnering mentality with a keen desire to immerse yourself in understanding end-to-end business functions and practices, and customer journeys, coupled with the commercial acumen to identify opportunities from them
- Experience transforming large and/or complex reports and data sets to uncover patterns and insights. A background in data analytics or financial due diligence and knowledge of SQL and Tableau would be highly regarded.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work with positivity and confidence under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- High-level knowledge of Agile project management and collaboration methodologies with the ability to delegate and collaborate with colleagues across time zones.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.