Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT SPORTS, SALES, AND WANT TO WIN
We are looking for a Senior Director, Business Development to engage the NCAA, Division 1A Conference Commissioners and Athletic Directors to generate Conference and Athletic wide agreements that drive higher annual contract value (ACV). This role will report to the VP of Sales, North America and work closely with the Sales Leadership and Business Development Managers. This will be a remote based position with extensive travel requirements to potential customers and our US Headquarters in Boston, MA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Prospect and build pipeline growth for Conference & Athletic Wide agreements ACV targets, including working with customers to understand the problems they are trying to solve, and how Catapult solutions can best solve them.
- Develop sales strategies and territory plans that help drive consistent ACV growth. Monitor and present actual sales and sales leads, keep track of sales and generate reports to cover forecasting and results.
- Meets/Exceed all ACV targets, productivity metrics and reports on the progress
- Work with Marketing to maintain and improve sales and PR assets such as presentations, product collateral, and pitchbooks; partner to build a strong pipeline of leads which are targeted and scored appropriately. Assist with elevating the Catapult Brand with the NCAA, Commissioners and Athletic Directors.
- Record all account and opportunity data in the CRM and generate reports that clearly show the progress. Report on trends and potential risks in the NCAA market and produce semi annual report
- Engage annually with the NCAA Offices in Indianapolis on rules changes around technology usage in game and/or practice; Meet twice annually with Conference administrators to identify potential partnerships and areas we can help solve problems going forward; Attends annual Conference Coaching and Athletic Director meetings and solidifies speaking and presentation opportunities that aid in elevating our Brand and generates ACV growth
- Follow up on outbound sales campaigns targeted at Athletic Directors and Commissioners
- Work closely with the Business Development Managers and Sales Leadership to ensure alignment is achieved and relationships are being leveraged to drive ACV growth. Mentor the team to best manage relationships from first conversation to signing contracts.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and an ability to influence customers as well as direct and cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to build sales strategies and execute to achieve or exceed growth targets and develop the customer base.
- Scale experience -- have helped previous orgs grow in fast moving environments
- Previous experience in fast-paced, high-growth businesses where you have been part of launching new products, services, solutions or locations.
- 12+ years of NCAA Division 1 Athletic Administration
- Proven track record of driving discipline and leading by example in the sales process
- Proven high level contacts with Division 1 Commissioners and Athletic Directors
- Proven relationships with the NCAA Head Office
- Willingness to travel and be in the Boston office 50% of the time
- Strong analytical, collaboration and communication skills to work cross-functionally.
- The ability to self-motivate and work cross functionally
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels both internally and externally, including executive and C-level.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance and our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.