Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT PROVIDING QUALITY PRODUCTS TO OUR CUSTOMERS
We are looking for a talented Senior Mechanical Engineer whose passion for software development for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing, and transforming company.
Based in Taiwan, you are responsible for manufacturing test software development. Understand product specifications, design test software and test plans with Team, assist EMS for product testing and manufacturing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a key designer in the mechanical design process of Catapult's products. - Iterate through design revisions to get to the best product.
- Work with Industrial Design and Product teams to drive mechanical feasibility and trade offs and get to the best result.
- Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)for wearable sports products.
- Evaluate the final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety.
- Prepare product reports and documentation.
- Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods.
- Need to talk to suppliers, electrical engineering, manufacturing, quality, tooling engineering and other 3rd parties to ensure the successful development of the project.
- Close work with other functions with PM, EE, SW, QA & PUR for projects.
- Testing jig development, new process development, new vendor survey.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- B.S or M.S. degree in ME or related engineering.
- 4~7 years of experience in mechanical design for consumer electronics products, E.g. mobile phones, GPS tracker, PND, netbooks and tablets projects.
- Mechanical aptitude for interpretation of mechanical drawing specifications, experience of using CAD/Creo tools.
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE or other)
- Well experienced in problem-solving, ME issue debugging, analysis of reliability tests and product validation.
- Fluency in English.
- Relevant working experience in EMS (ODM/OEM) is a plus.
- Need to travel to our EMS factories.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.