Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT WINNING
We are looking for a VP Sales to manage our Prosumer Sales function. This role will report into the Chief Commercial Officer and is based in Boston. This role will be responsible for lead generation, qualification and closing business. You will lead and manage a high performance inside sales team to ensure customer satisfaction. You will have experience of working in a multi product environment and have a demonstrable track record of continuous improvement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build out and lead the sales team for our Prosumer products, driving growth by setting and tracking sales targets for your team.
- Monitor and present actual sales and sales leads, keep track of sales and generate reports to cover forecasting and results.
- Measure the performance of the inside sales team. Support, mentor and train the team to best manage relationships from first conversation to signing contracts.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- Work with key prospects and customers to understand the problems they are trying to solve, and how Catapult solutions can best solve them.
- Work with Marketing to maintain and improve sales team assets such as presentations, product collateral, and pitchbooks; partner to build a strong pipeline of leads which are targeted and scored appropriately.
- Leverage data and metrics from the Revenue Operations and Business Intelligence team to monitor and measure progress and performance on a weekly basis; provide reporting to the global executive team as needed.
- Drive a high performance environment to ensure continued velocity and hunger for sales and growth across the team; ensure metrics and incentives drive the desired focus and behaviour.
- Understand global landscapes and trends within the industry; provide feedback to the Product team on services, solutions and products
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Excellent leadership skills and an ability to inspire direct and cross functional teams
- 10+ years experience in sales, who has successfully created and operationalized an inside sales function
- Experience across multiple industries
- Previous experience working across enterprise SMB & consumer SaaS companies
- Scale experience -- have helped previous orgs grow in fast moving environments
- Demonstrated ability to build sales strategies and execute to achieve or exceed growth targets and develop the customer base.
- Previous experience in fast-paced, high-growth businesses where you have been part of launching new products, services, solutions or locations.
- Demonstrated capability leading regionally dispersed, high-performing teams, over several time zones.
- Proven track record of driving discipline and rigour in the sales process, including holding teams accountable for CRM data entry and maintenance to enable accurate pipeline and metrics reporting and exceeding sales targets.
- Strong analytical, collaboration and communication skills to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels both internally and externally, including executive and C-level.
- Ability to recruit, develop and retain a best-in-class, diverse team reflective of the elite sports industry we serve.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- We care about you. We offer paid maternity and paternity leave, and a 401k plan with an employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.