Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGY
Are you an aspiring Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment helping elite sports teams across the globe? Then consider joining us here at Catapult Sports. We are building the next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to address these needs. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
You will be responsible for developing new efficient, scalable and effective software solutions in a mission critical environment. You will play a key role in auditing our existing code base and leading development plans to evolve existing applications as well as spearheading new, innovative efforts on burgeoning platforms built from scratch. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment with short project timelines from conception to deployment.
Our engineering teams are focused on building highly reliable, large-scale SaaS solutions. We work on areas such as horizontal scaling, high availability, configuration-as-code & analytics.
What You’ll Do
- Developing products used by professional and collegiate sports teams to edit video, log complex associated metadata, as then analyze, search, and report on the video/data
- Actively participating in an agile scrum team, including Engineers, QA, and DevOps
- Designing and architecting new features in collaboration with the team
- Providing feedback in quarterly planning sessions
- Helping the team continuously improve its processes through sprint retrospectives
- Maintaining code quality and best practices through code reviews, with an eye towards maintainable, efficient, modular, and reliable code
- Improving product quality through authoring unit tests and documenting test cases
- Developing Windows desktop and Universal Windows Platform mobile applications
- Working with an ecosystem of products in a complex Client / Server / Cloud architecture
- Developing supporting SOAP and REST web services
- Enhancing database schemas to support new features and optimizing for performance
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years C#.NET Windows desktop and/or UWP application development
- 3+ years developing and deploying web services
- 3+ years experience working with relational databases (MS SQL Server preferred)
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies
- Understanding of test-driven development
- Experience working with a Client / Server application model
- Experience delivering Cloud-based products
- Experience with unit test frameworks, such as MSTest or NUnit
- Past development of video or audio editing software is a plus
- Continuous integration / build / deployment pipeline automation experience is a plus
- C++ development experience is a plus
- Java development experience is a plus
- iOS mobile application development experience is a plus
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or MIS preferred
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.