WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BRANDING AND COMMUNICATIONS
We are looking for a talented and experienced VP, Brand & Product Marketing with determination for continuous improvement that aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Boston, you will be a key player in helping to shape and communicate our brand and communications strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own our brand, creative, product marketing and PR strategy and execution.
- Establish product marketing capabilities and drive go to market strategies in conjunction with product and commercial leaders/teams.
- Lead efforts in refining and articulating what our brand stands for, and define how we create value in a bold and innovative way.
- Ensure messaging consistency by building and owning clear guidelines on our tone of voice visual identity and how we work with our partners.
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organisation.
- Create compelling content and assets that drive our growth marketing activities across all channels.
- Ensure we have stakeholder understanding, refined through our value proposition and across all engagement strategies.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations, and other supporting material as needed.
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding Catapult.
- Build key relationships between stakeholders to create a calendar that drives speed to market initiatives and reduces weeks of supply. Collaborate with cross-functional partners to meet margin goals and costing metrics.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the brand and communications function including budgeting, planning, and staff development.
- Support the CEO and CFO with materials, presentations, and releases for Investor Relations purposes.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Minimum 10 years experience in a brand marketing preferably at a creative enterprise level SaaS business, fast growth company.
- Extensive and successful brand, design, creative and writing experience with a variety of multi facet communications media.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing programs to advance an organisation’s mission and goals.
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilised
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results-oriented.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.