Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 -- we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Senior Software Engineer whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Boston, you will be a key player in planning, designing, building and testing the features of our next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high quality experience. Our software engineers match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment with your short project timelines from conception to deployment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop products used by professional and collegiate sports teams to edit video, log complex metadata, and then analyze, search, and report on the video/data
- Work with an ecosystem of products in a complex Client / Server / Cloud architecture
- Actively participate in an agile scrum team, including Engineers, QA, and DevOps
- Design and architect new features in collaboration with the team
- Develop clients for video-editing software applications and REST web services
- Enhance database schemas to support new features and optimize performance
- Maintain code quality and best practices through code reviews, with an eye towards maintainable, efficient, modular, and reliable code
- Improve product quality by authoring unit tests, automated tests, and test case documentation
- Provide feedback in quarterly planning sessions
- Help the team continuously improve its processes through sprint retrospectives
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years application development with an object-oriented programming language (e.g. C#, Java, c++)
- 3+ years developing and deploying Cloud web services
- Experience developing applications in C# .NET is preferred
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server) is a plus
- Experience working with a Client / Server application model
- Experience delivering Cloud-based products
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies
- Understanding of test-driven development and experience authoring unit tests
- Past development of video or audio editing software is a plus
- Experience automating continuous integration, release build, and deployment pipelines is a plus
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Ability to write stable, scalable, performant, and fault tolerant code
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Excellent written documentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.