WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT LEADING A DYNAMIC ENGINEERING TEAM AND DEVELOPING OUR PLATFORM
We are looking for a hands-on VP, Engineering that is ready to scale our delivery ability in support of our ambitious, fast-growing, and transforming company. You will lead the Boston software engineering team to deliver our product roadmaps including supporting existing wearable products and migrating our existing product suite to a new SaaS platform to increase speed to market and open up new segments. You will manage a dynamic team of engineers that will be at the center of making that happen.
Based in Boston, you will work closely with other key stakeholders and engineers in Melbourne, Dundalk and Leeds. We believe that our customers deserve the best technology and experiences and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a market leading platform.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a growing team of engineers responsible for building and supporting Catapult’s market-leading products.
- Work closely with our Product, Program and Platform teams to define, manage and deliver the roadmap and ensure it’s implementation through the development life cycle.
- Create and foster a culture of engineering excellence including hiring and retaining the best and brightest talent.
- Transition customers and engineers away from legacy applications and onto our modern, scalable platform.
- Identify, research, and propose new initiatives in a way that balances both the short and long-term company goals.
- Continuously improve our systems for engineering including test automation, DevOps practices, and process improvements to support customer innovation and delivery.
- Define and manage a technical roadmap and prioritise based on knowledge of business priorities, team capacity, and support issues.
- Implement data driven strategies to measure and improve velocity, quality, and technical debt.
- Ensure appropriate product documentation, design standards, and related specifications are developed and maintained.
- Manage security posture of current and future applications including ensuring security practices are adhered to and remediation plans are implemented.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
The ideal candidate should be an experienced, hands-on technology leader, with expertise in taking engineering teams from early growth through mature organizations, as well as a consistent track record of developing platforms that scale both technologically and operationally.
- 10+ years of experience working in SaaS based engineering
- 5+ years of experience leading software engineering teams
- Broad knowledge of programming languages and software architecture. Data science and experience with video and wearables technology a bonus.
- A passion for agile, with experience of working in a scaled environment with high performing autonomous scrum teams. You understand how to optimise engineering practices and deliver your product roadmap though quarterly release planning and prioritisation.
- A passion for delivering new product roadmaps and managing the trade offs between speed to market, customer needs and building solid technical foundations
- Experience building and operating large scale systems
- Experience of legacy modernization and dealing with technical debt whilst delivering customer value
- Use of fact-based analyses to deliver recommendations to senior management about decisions related to managing the software development process and team
- Strong understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Natural leadership to mentor and engage a team with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills at all levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.