Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry; we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimize athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT LEADING OUR DYNAMIC TEAM AND DEVELOPING OUR PRODUCT STACK
We are currently looking for a dynamic VP of Engineering to be a hands-on leader, ready to scale our people, culture, technology, development processes, and business. The ideal candidate will be able to provide leadership in following areas:
- Product and Technology Roadmap execution – You are a collaborator, working closely with product management and other senior leaders across the company to help develop and deliver a multi-year technology roadmap to advance business goals and product strategy for the company. Additionally, you will help advance our Data Platform strategy which enables our analytics applications.
- People Leadership - You have a proven track record in building and leading high performance Engineering teams in a lean/agile environment. You are an enabler of autonomous agile teams, who believe in DevOps culture. You excel at developing leaders and making them successful. Ideally, you have been through hyper-growth and have experience with scaling teams from 50+ to 100+ person organizations.
- Technical Leadership - You can go deep on Cloud Native architecture strategy and product transformation concepts. You have experience building both systems and processes at scale. You understand and have expertise in technologies like AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, MySql, Java etc.
- Coach and Mentor: You are a great coach, motivator and mentor to your teams, having spent time being an engineer building production quality systems.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, hands-on technology leader, with expertise in taking engineering teams from early growth through mature organizations, as well as a consistent track record of developing platforms that scale both technologically and operationally.
- 15+ years of software development and architecture experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience, leading large teams preferred
- Experience working in SaaS environment
- Experience building and operating large scale systems
- Understanding of data platforms and machine learning is plus
- Broad knowledge of programming languages and software architecture and design
- Hands-on experience in new product development, ideally during the growth phase of a successful tech-based company
- Application of agile methodologies to iteratively improve the customer experience and optimize engineering productivity
- Use of fact-based analyses to deliver recommendations to senior management about decisions related to managing the software development process and team
- Strong understanding of Quality engineering, automation
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within a dynamic and fast-paced environment while also providing clarity and solutions
- Passion for athletics or sports industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.