Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimize athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT ACCOUNTING
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Senior Financial Accountant whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Wilmington, MA, you will be a key player applying accounting and global tax principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements to ensure appropriate accounting control procedures and compliance with global tax regulations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Verify the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger by investigating variances, identifying and solving issues, and ensuring that all transactions are accounted for appropriately under applicable guidance
- Key member of team for month-end close
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Own sales and use tax compliance and filings across all selling platforms and countries.
- Manage US corporate income tax compliance with the US Financial Controller
- Assist in compliance and filing tax schemes in multiple geographies: Latin America, UK, EMEA, Australia
- Assist with the implementation and development of systems, controls, policies and procedures to support growth and expansion
- Partner with various business units to ensure financial accountability and provide insights to drive business performance
- Contribute to financial statement audit
- Collaborate with counterparts in Australia, South America and the UK which would include evening availability for calls when necessary.
- Other special projects
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years of corporate accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, Master’s degree preferred, Masters in Taxation, a plus
- Public accounting experience preferred, but not required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Sound understanding of GAAP, general ledger and month end processes
- Experience with intercompany and foreign currency transactions
- Experience with US Sales & Use tax compliance
- Experience with US Corporate tax compliance
- Experience with Global Tax - VAT/GST/Corporate Income Tax
- MS-Office proficiency, specifically intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Netsuite
- Experience with Avalara or other sales tax solution
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork and ability to interface with employees at all levels of management
- Strong initiative and ability to work with very little supervision
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- We care about you. We offer outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave, a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realize that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.