WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHOSE PASSION FOR PERFORMANCE MATCHES THAT OF OUR ELITE CUSTOMERS
The Senior Director of Analytics and Data is a newly-created, highly visible position responsible for building, and running a centralised analytics function within Catapult Sports.
Based in Melbourne, the role is primarily responsible for driving Catapult to effectively harness the power of data to make fact based decisions across all aspects of the business. Initially the key focus will be to build the next generation analytics function, turning data into actionable insights to be used by leaders in making critical business decisions. This function will have a major impact on our global business and the decisions we make in support of our customers. There is scope to expand this role to cover all customer data analytics as well.
This senior role will suit a commercially astute, dedicated, and highly motivated leader who is happy to ‘roll up their sleeves’, and can work both independently and collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders to come up with solutions to business-critical issues. You will have extensive experience in a fast paced technology environment, know what “good” looks like, be a self starter, be proficient in managing and executing projects, and autonomously driving outcomes.
The successful individual will be able to lead a Strategic Analytics team, contribute to multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously, maintain relationships with senior leaders, and ensure the output volume and quality of the team’s deliverables to help power the business forward.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Working closely with the company executive, you and your team will provide strategic, operational, economic, statistical, and financial analysis to frame and drive key business and investment decisions, and test various scenarios and hypotheses
- Develop new analytical frameworks, data science techniques, and predictive analytics to better understand our users and the impact of our sales and marketing investments, including attribution, churn prediction, lifetime value modeling, experiment methods, and segmentation
- Advise on the construction of a centralised data source to be used as the “source of truth” for data analysis, reporting, and modeling
- Develop financial models suitable to conduct all required analyses
- You will lead the development of KPIs and scorecards to track initiative and strategy performance, creating a focus on results, execution, speed, and learning.
- Enable accurate and robust reporting across key business/project/initiative metrics
- Illustrate key business trends and drivers through effective data interpretation and visualisation
- Develop compelling presentations and documents - and communicate them with impact
- Build and lead a global team - attract, hire, retain and motivate top talent to support the company’s analytical and data needs and growth
- Lead the design, development, implementation, and administration of a business intelligence reporting platform to drive key business decisions
- Advise on the selection of BI and Information Management systems, technologies, data architectures and processes
- Take full accountability for all enterprise data sources and systems.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience in leading the development of Data, Analytics and Business Intelligence functions within organisations, including setting up systems and practices that scale in unison with the company’s growth
- Proven ability to add significant value by devising major business insights from analysed data
- A keen desire to immerse yourself in understanding end-to-end business functions and practices, and customer journeys, coupled with the commercial acumen to identify opportunities from them
- An ability to read and process data to isolate anomalies and identify relevant trends and thematics
- An obsession for extracting efficiencies and driving continuous improvement
- The creative ability to devise practical and innovative solutions for new and complex issues
- Experience working with data-obsessed senior leaders (C-level) to support and influence their decision making, and the ability to anticipate and prepare for their difficult questions
- Experience running projects with diverse stakeholder groups, across global teams in multiple time-zones
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral), with the ability to make the complex simple, and tell a story through data, including through visualisations
- Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of data/analytical/cloud tools, including Python, AWS, Qubole, Tableau, R, Excel, database querying (SQL), Snowflake, relational databases, Micro-strategy, Salesforce, big data tech, etc – strongly preferred. Aptitude and drive to learn new tools quickly required
- Experience in a high growth, complex, global, and ideally SaaS businesses
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.