WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT PRODUCT DESIGN
We are looking for a Senior Experience Designer whose curiosity and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company.
Based in Melbourne, you will bring your visual design and user experience expertise to our product delivery squads, promoting the importance of a collaborative and iterative design process. Using customer-led data and insights, you will create intuitive, elegant and compelling interfaces and artefacts ranging from wireframes, high fidelity designs and interactive prototypes to complete design systems.
You will work with Product Managers and UX Practitioners to guide and execute our customer research strategy to explore, understand and address the specific needs of coaches, analysts, performance managers and athletes.
We believe that our sporting customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering high quality experiences that deliver real outcomes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Experience Designers to create world-class user experiences
- Create, evaluate and modify intuitive and elegant User Interfaces for complex interactions
- Create wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and visual design specifications
- Define and execute experience design activities such as user surveys, workshops and interviews
- Use ongoing customer testing, research and analytics to understand user behaviours
- Advocate for the user and promote user-testing within and across teams
- Help drive continual improvements to processes, design activities, testing and operations
- Collaborate with Engineers and Branding to create and maintain well-documented design systems that include guidelines and examples of how to apply design and brand styles
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Strong visual design training or background
- 8+ years of demonstrable visual and interaction design experience
- UI design portfolio demonstrating responsive web and mobile experiences
- Sound knowledge of user-centred design and best practice
- Solid understanding of desktop, web, mobile accessibility and standards
- Solid understanding of common UI patterns and usability best practices
- Ability to define and execute customer exploration and testing activities
- Ability to present to groups, facilitate testing sessions and explain design options
- Experience working with Agile methodologies for delivering software
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Problem solving, team-work, communication and collaboration!
WHAT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Past experience with product-related UI such as wearables or consumer goods
- Experience with web and native UI technologies (React)
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll get the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.