WE EXISIT TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT DEVOPS
Are you an aspiring DevOps engineer looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment? We are building the next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to address these needs. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
We are looking for a Principal DevOps Engineer with strong SasS and Cloud Services experience. You will be responsible for building and operating all aspects of our cloud-based infrastructure with a focus on automation and tool development to achieve our vision of infrastructure as code. This is a high impact role in a fast paced organization that runs on the most cutting edge cloud based infrastructure.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with our development and operations teams to support application builds, continuous integration, deployments of features.
- Deploying and managing serverless code (AWS Lambdas)
- Automate cloud infrastructure with Ansible, Terraform, Docker and AWS or similar tools.
- Enhance monitoring and alerting beyond the world of Nagios that spans across development and operations.
- Guide our development and operations team in infrastructure best practices
- Create health dashboards for infrastructure services
- Develop continuous integration tools and processes that streamline testing & deployment of a large-scale systems on public and private clouds
- Develop automation scripts, daemons, and APIs to reduce operational overhead
- Collaborate with our other teams (primarily in Boston, Leeds and Melbourne) to produce world class software
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5+ years coding experience in scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- 3+ Years of experience managing and supporting Cloud Deployments
- Attention to detail, a systematic approach and a desire to automate everything
- Passion for writing code to solve multiple problems through automation and tools
- Experience with deployment and configuration system, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker , or puppet/chef or other tools and container management systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus, in particular experience with AWS Lambda and Fargate.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix systems and sysadmin experience
- Working knowledge of log management and monitoring systems (DataDog, Kibana, Logstash, etc.)
- A well developed sense of security principles and experience of hardening and monitoring access to systems
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experience of various data systems (SQL Database Management, specifically Postgres or MySQL and Non-Relational such as Elasticsearch / Mongo)
- Experience of managing Video streaming systems would be an advantage.
- Strong commercial experience in an agile and collaborative development environment
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.