WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Catapult empowers elite sports teams globally with technology that advances their athletes’ performance. The company engineers a range of solutions that enhance the performance and health of athletes; provide tools for tactics, coaching, and athlete management; and enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. With customers spanning 3,000+ teams in 130+ countries, including teams in the NFL, NBA, MBL, and Premier League, Catapult is the global leader in its sector. The company is growing at 20% a year and has hub offices in Boston (USA), Melbourne (Australia) and Leeds (UK).
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
Catapult operates a heavily data-driven decision framework throughout all aspects of the organization. Consequently, this is a central and high exposure Senior Business Intelligence Analyst role, reporting to the Director, Business Intelligence (Melbourne), and working as a business partner to our CEO and CCO (both in Boston). You will turn data into information and knowledge, and provide insights that the executive group will use to make critical business decisions. You will act as a Senior point of contact on BI initiatives for the Americas, and your analysis will have a major impact on our global business and that of our customers.
This senior role will suit a commercially astute, dedicated, and highly motivated BI Specialist / Analyst who can work both independently and collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders to come up with solutions to business-critical issues. You will have extensive experience in a fast paced technology environment, know what “good” looks like, be a self starter, be proficient in managing and executing projects, and autonomously driving outcomes with remote oversight. Located in our Boston office, you will support a global business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with the Director, BI to develop and establish a business intelligence reporting platform, including the automation of existing monitoring and reporting systems.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the business (e.g. leaders across all functional areas) to identify and analyze business problems, measure business performance, distill key insights, map and forecast market changes, predict behaviors and events, provide analytical reporting, recommend resource optimizations, as well as implementing business process changes.
- Manage a variety of regular field reporting as well as managing ad-hoc special projects.
- Work with the broader analyst team in their financial and commercial analysis, process re-engineering, forecasting, and strategy work to service their internal customers.
- Actively identify process improvements and recommend necessary actions to promote a continuous improvement culture. This may include automated technical solutions, enhancements to the timeliness and quality of analyses, improvements to the presentation of information and reports, educating the business on the use of data as an analytical tool.
- Champion the adoption of conventions and best practices in modeling analyses across Catapult, as well as the use of data-driven decision making.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong knowledge and 10+ years of operational experience working extensively with complex database management systems, as well as MS Excel, is essential
- Experience with data modeling, normalizing multiple data sets, understanding their relationships and generating insights from the data
- Experience with business analysis, understanding stakeholder requirements, and designing solutions
- Experience in a high growth, complex, global, and ideally SaaS business
- Experience with PowerBI or a similar tool
- Knowledge of Salesforce, NetSuite and Zendesk would be advantageous
- A proven ability to make the complex simple
- A passion and talent for servicing customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong data visualization, report writing, and verbal presentation skills
- Dynamic problem solving skills and the ability to anticipate and prepare for difficult questions
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- We care about you. We offer outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave, a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realize that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.