WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer in Test (SDET) who will create and help drive the team that will test our next generation of software platform for Catapult. You will define test harnesses and automation frameworks and will drive the development of test suites. You should be an expert with testing methodologies. We would prefer you to have experience working on platforms with both hardware and software elements and with testing from end to end. As a QA Engineer, you will help tackle a variety of customer challenges. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and test systems in partnership with other technology leaders within the team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist with QE/SDET automation platform initiatives for our software products in a variety of aspects, both functional and performance.
- Automation development: mentor and work closely with developers to write automation tests and the supporting, reusable infrastructure to drive high test coverage
- Write test plans for release, and test cases from requirements
- Write maintainable, reliable, reusable, secure, performant code
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Occasional manual tests when automation is not feasible yet
- Drive test-related activities early in a sprint and maximize working in parallel with developers.
- Hone our good software development practices and testing fundamentals, including integration testing against APIs, client libraries, and UI.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of experience as a QE or SDET.
- Seasoned engineer with both manual and automated testing skills, who exhibits an ongoing passion for releasing quality deliverables that aids in continuous deployment
- Must be able to write automated tests for web applications and leverage tests during release cycles while supplementing with creative manual testing
- Must be able to analyze specifications to develop test plans and scripts, keep meticulous test related documentation and deliver feedback to the team in order to improve the overall delivery process
- Experience working on a Cloud based platform
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong object-oriented programming background
- Understanding of professional video/media applications is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from a four-year college or university preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training, certification and experience
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.