WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 -- we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Principal Software Engineer whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company.
Based in Melbourne, you will be a key player in planning, designing, building and testing the features of our next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimising athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high quality experience.
Our software engineers match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment with your short project timelines from conception to deployment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of efficient, reusable and reliable code to solve a variety of customers needs while considering existing technology, architecture and processes
- Drive best practices around code quality and organisation throughout the entire development process and in coordination with team objectives
- Actively contribute to and participate in team engineering processes, design meetings and code reviews with the view of continuously lifting quality and improving
- Help define our test strategy and drive automation wherever appropriate
- Bring a growth mindset to every task -- sharing ideas and opinions with an attitude and appetite for improvement; the ability to challenge, pursue outcomes and take ownership of tasks in a collaborative environment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 8+ years’ recent experience delivering multiple projects to production in Java
- Java 11+, Gradle, JPA Hibernate. Micronaut highly desirable
- Strong Postgres knowledge and experience with time-series databases highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of containerisation and Kubernetes
- Deep experience working with AWS, and an understanding of Terraform
- Deep experience with automation tools and processes for continuous integration and deployment
- Solid understanding of test-driven development
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ industry experience as a senior or lead Java engineer delivering robust, scalable web applications, services and APIs using agile development practices, and with:
- a clear understanding of how to write testable and maintainable code
- a strong foundation in modern design patterns for enterprise applications
- a drive to build productive working relationships across our teams
- highly-developed problem-solving capabilities, and a willingness to learn
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll get the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.