WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Senior Software Engineer whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Dundalk, you will be responsible for developing new efficient, scalable and effective software solutions in a mission critical environment. You will play a key role in auditing our existing code base and leading development plans to evolve existing applications as well as spearheading new, innovative efforts on burgeoning platforms built from scratch. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment with short project timelines from conception to deployment.
Our engineering teams are focused on building highly reliable, large-scale SaaS solutions. We work on areas such as horizontal scaling, high availability, configuration-as-code & analytics
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, extend and develop best in class web and/or mobile applications
- Building on the Catapult’s microservices and APIs to create a world-class sports technology used by athletes across various sports.
- Extend and develop new APIs and backend functionality
- Collaborate with other squads to define and refine APIs and services and products.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation in coordination with team objectives.
- Mentor junior developers and raise the bar for the team
- Participates in design and code reviews
- Create and maintain documentation as required
- Contribute to all phases of the development life-cycle
- Participate actively in scrum activities and overall improvement of work processes.
- Assess and make recommendations on processes, designs, operations, and testing
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with our other teams (primarily in Boston, Leeds and Melbourne) to produce world-class software
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5+ years of mobile development experience.
- 2-4 years of development experience within a microservices-based architecture
- Experience building on RESTful APIs
- Experience with Node and AWS Serverless
- Experience with database systems (MySQL and/or Mongo, ElasticSearch would also be useful)
- Ability to optimise mobile applications
- Ability to prototype concepts and then turn them into production-quality applications
- Strong understanding of test-driven development and testing concepts to participate in unit testing, integration testing, system testing, and load testing
- CI/CD, build pipelines (Jenkins, Circleci, etc...)
- Proven experience working with Agile methodologies for delivering software
- A strong base on the fundamentals with the ability to pick up and learn any 'stack'
- Always open for a discussion/debate and seeking consensus
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.