WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 -- we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
About the Role
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative, energetic, commercial, hands-on, and strategic Legal Counsel and Company Secretary to join our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. This role manages a range of functions including global sales contract reviews, legal advice on issues such as transactions, disputes, and litigation, managing a growing portfolio of intellectual property, and the oversight and enhancement of Catapult's legal compliance, policies and systems. The role works across a broad range of commercial matters, across all parts of the organisation and at all levels; business acumen, agility and the ability to apply legal technical expertise to the operations of the business are key requirements for the
The role is based in Melbourne, Australia, with occasional global travel, and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
What You’ll Do
- Own the legal review process for a wide range of technology licensing, supply and partnering contracts in support of commercial opportunities and outcomes; develop and implement contract review SLAs in conjunction with business leaders to ensure ongoing alignment
- Act as internal legal advisor on all intellectual property matters, including working with internal stakeholders and external counsel to manage, build, protect and enforce the asset portfolio
- Manage all Board and Board committee secretarial processes for Catapult and all its domestic and international subsidiaries, including meeting schedules, agendas, papers, and minutes
- Ensure the company complies with its ASIC, ASX, and other statutory obligations around the world, ensuring all governance requirements are met across all corporate entities (including continuous disclosure)
- Develop, implement, champion, communicate and maintain compliance policies, registers, processes and procedures
- Work with business teams to explore potential corporate development opportunities, including conducting or overseeing due diligence, liaising with external counsel to negotiate and execute deals, coordinating internal Board reviews and approvals
- Act as a project team member on post-execution integration activity
- Keep abreast of market developments and changes in laws impacting Catapults’ business, ensuring compliance throughout, including in particular sports law, data privacy and data security issues
- Contribute to internal policy development across all functions as needed
- Support other executives on legal matters in their areas as needed
- Coordinate efficient legal resourcing solutions including cost effective use of external legal resources for the full range of above matters as needed
What You'll Need:
- An appropriate professional legal qualification, and current practising certificate; with governance
and company secretarial qualifications preferred
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in a mixture of solicitor and in-house legal roles, with particular expertise in
SaaS and IT contract formation and negotiation
- Experience as a company secretary; ASX/public company experience would be an advantage
- Experience managing through corporate transactions, intellectual property matters, and disputes
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll get the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.