Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult is a world leader in sports performance technology, serving over 2,900 teams across 40 sports. We improve some of your favourite athletes performances through creating and developing athlete management systems, video analysis tools, and wearable tracking devices. Our technology offers objective solutions to sport based challenges and can be found throughout the AFL, NRL, NBA, NFL, NCAA, Premier League, La Liga and many more.
Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organisation; Catapult has grown significantly since 2006. We are currently listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and operate from 9 offices around the world. We actively aim to make a difference in whichever sporting context our products and services operate within, be that meeting rooms, practice facilities or arenas.
About the Role
We are building the next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to address these needs. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
You will be responsible for developing new efficient, scalable and effective software solutions in a mission critical environment. You will play a key role in auditing our existing code base and leading development plans to evolve existing applications as well as spearheading new, innovative efforts on burgeoning platforms built from scratch. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment with short project timelines from conception to deployment.
Our engineering teams are focused on building highly reliable, large-scale SaaS solutions. We work on areas such as horizontal scaling, high availability, configuration-as-code & analytics.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop complex web software applications
- Build highly scalable and available RESTful apps used for search and retrieval of content from large datasets
- Actively participate in agile scrum activities and overall improvement of work processes
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Help maintain code quality, organization and best practices in coordination with team objectives
- Participate in design meetings and code reviews
- Contribute to the team’s test strategy through authoring test cases, automation, and unit tests
- Create and maintain documentation as required
- Contribute to all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Assess and make recommendations on processes, designs, operations, and testing
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years Web Development experience.
- 2+ years of experience with advanced UI frameworks like React
- 2+ years of experience with NodeJS
- 1+ years of experience with MongoDB or other non-relational databases
- RESTful architectures
- Experience working with AWS, or other cloud computing platforms
- Understanding of test-driven development and testing concepts to participate in unit testing, integration testing, system testing, and load testing
- CI/CD, build pipelines (jenkins, circleci, etc...)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies for delivering software
- A strong base on the fundamentals with the ability to pick up and learn any 'stack'
- Always open for a discussion and seeking consensus. Willingness to provide and receive feedback
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state-of-the-art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.