Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult Sports exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,900 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, with major hub offices in the US and UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sporting organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, educate and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about developing innovative products
If you are an experienced Software Engineering Manager looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and fun environment helping elite sports teams across the globe, then consider joining us here at Catapult! We're responsible for market-leading elite wearable technology that provides insights and analytics to coaching staff, sports scientists and athletes, and we are embarking on the development of a next generation platform combining digital video assets, wearable metrics and key athlete wellness data in helping our customers optimising their performance.
The Software Engineering Manager is a technical leadership role in the Catapult Sports team. Our development team is growing, and we’re looking for great leaders who can help us attract, mentor and retain more great engineers. We believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success and are looking for a manager who can coach these employees and help align their goals with organisational needs while building great software products.
Reporting to the Head of Software as part of the Wearables Software Team, the successful candidate will have excellent leadership skills, an agile mindset and demonstrated experience leading agile teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Recruiting, managing and mentoring team members who know what great software looks like, and want to create it
- Leading and coaching the team on agile practices, providing transparency on performance and projections
- Working closely with product and technical leaders to deliver great outcomes for our customers and internal stakeholders
- Ensuring the backlog of planned work is in great shape, and removing distractions and impediments to delivery
- Facilitating continuous learning for yourself and your team, and driving continuous improvement and technical excellence
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A tertiary degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years’ industry experience in modern software development, including
- 5+ years’ strong hands-on software development experience, working with desktop, mobile and/or cloud-based solutions
- 3+ years’ experience as a manager of technical teams, setting goals and crafting plans to achieve them
- 3+ years’ experience leading and coaching agile teams, ideally using a variety of approaches
Skills and Attributes
Essential skills and attributes include:
- A solid understanding of what high performance looks like, and how to drive it
- An understanding of test-driven development and testing concepts, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Excellent self-organisation and communication skills
- A strong work-ethic and willingness to promote accountability across the team
Desirable skills and attributes include:
- Experience working with devOps to support internal engineering activities
- Experience working with hardware and firmware teams
- A genuine interest and understanding of common sports
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer flexible working, referral bonus, Quarterly Value Awards and social events
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state-of-the-art equipment. Be aware, we have some very competitive table tennis tournaments!
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favourite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our customers who are some of the most elite teams in the world!