Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,900 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NRL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more!
We want people who are passionate about developing innovative solutions.
The Senior Full-Stack Web Developer role is responsible for developing web software and services, turning performance data into valuable insights for coaches, working with both live and post-live streams. The projects that you will help to deliver include Catapult’s flagship OpenField solution and related league and broadcast-media offerings. Joining a web and mobile engineering squad as part of the Elite Wearables Software Team, the successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills, strong problem-solving capabilities and demonstrated experience developing enterprise-grade software.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating on the design and implementation of robust, testable and performant solutions that successfully meet customer and business needs
- Working with large datasets to produce valuable insights for coaches, athletes and broadcast partners
- Understanding, estimating and tracking progress towards development milestones
- Owning your outcomes, ensuring your work makes its way to QA validated and meeting the expectations of product owners
- Contributing to continuous improvement of our software and processes
What you’ll need:
Industry experience in software development -
- At least 3 years as a senior or lead developer delivering robust, scalable web applications, services and APIs
- With a clear understanding of how to write testable and maintainable code
- With a strong foundation employing modern design patterns
- Using modern source-control solutions
- Using agile development practices
The following essential skills and attributes -
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and UI frameworks
- Design and implementation capability in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Working knowledge of AWS, particularly EC2, ECS and RDS
- Ability to produce maintainable, traceable code
- A working knowledge of unit testing methods and tools
- Highly-developed problem-solving capability, and a willingness to learn
- Highly-organised and with excellent attention to detail, but pragmatic and able to prioritise
- Ability to demonstrate technical leadership and identify the best solution from multiple options in solving business problems
- Strong work ethic and endeavour to get the job done and delight our customers
- A good foundation in mathematics
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Professional presentation and well-developed interpersonal skills
The following desirable skills and attributes -
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working with PHP
- Genuine interest and understanding of common sports
- Understanding of sensor technologies (GPS, inertial etc.)
Why you’ll like working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave, and we’re serious about work-life balance. We also offer an employee-referral bonus, engage and recognise our people every week and participate in regular social events
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state-of-the-art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun!
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world