Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,900 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about building innovative solutions for our clients
Catapult is expanding the development team that is solely responsible for our cloud-based athlete management system. This groundbreaking software tool provides insights into athlete training, injury predictions, wellness and performance in conjunction with all of organisation business data to help teams and individuals perform at their optimum.
This position is imperative to the design and execution of our innovation plans, work with other software programmers, sports scientists and engineers.
The React Native works with our AMS product team in delivering our innovative mobile solution for elite athlete management.
It is critical that the React Native Developer understands how to take high-level software concepts and deliver slick, intuitive mobile and tablet solutions that help our customers make sense of their data.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build and maintain features of Catapult React Native applications
- Proactively make recommendations for technical enhancements for better performance, scalability, and maintainability of the React Native applications.
- Works with cross-functional IT and business teams to design and develop solutions based on business requirements
- Provide front-end web development support on projects when required.
- Identify areas of improvement in design, implementation, process, tooling, automated testing, quality assurance.
- Coach/Mentor less experienced React Native developers.
- Remain current on the latest technologies seeking to integrate them in solutions where appropriate
- Accountable for delivering in an agile environment
What You’ll Need:
The following are required for an applicant to be successful.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with React Native mobile development.
- Writing cross-platform apps with React Native.
- Working in Flexbox.
- Working with Redux (with thunks and sagas) or other state containers.
- Deploying iOS and Android apps to the app store
- React Native testing using tools like storybook, jest, enzyme, detox, etc.
- Expert understanding of RESTful APIs, HTTP, and networking concepts.
- Using Git as a VCS.
- CI/CD with AppCenter/Codepush or similar systems
Skills & Traits:
- Collaborative and a team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- UX Focused, be able to put together quick prototypes for testing/confirmation of ideas
- Translating customer concepts and requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Strong delivery focus and time management skills. (Accountability)
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and usability.
- Self-motivated and discipline to meet deadlines with speed, accuracy and professional attitude.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner and work around obstacles to ensure project success
The following would be desirable additions for an applicant to be successful.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Native iOS and Android development experience
- Experience working with and helping develop design systems
- Using PHP as a programming language.
- Object-oriented programming, specifically with PHP.
- Laravel framework or equivalent MVC frameworks.
- Writing RESTful web APIs.
- Using front-end technologies including Bootstrap, ReactJS, LESS, SASS, CSS3, HTML5, jQuery.
- Testing React application using libraries like storybook, jest and cypress
- Publishing npm packages
- Atlassian stack: Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, Pipelines, etc.
- Using Docker for local development environments.
Skills & Traits:
- Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Front-end development skills especially concerning accessibility, extensibility, client-side computing, object-oriented design patterns, and object-oriented CSS
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer referral bonus, Quarterly Value Awards and social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state-of-the-art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favourite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.