Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,900 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about enhancing our products through user centric design.
This full-time, Melbourne-based Multimedia Product Manager role is responsible for designing and developing product features and roadmap items across a range of Catapult products. You will work in conjunction with our business analysts, UI/UX designers and engineers to deliver quality software on time and on budget.
Reporting to the Product Director, you will play a leadership role in the engineering teams and be tasked with communicating with our engineering leads around priorities, backlog items and implementation methods for multiple hardware, firmware and software platforms.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- 3rd party liaison and coordination to validate technology feasibility of creative concepts
- Meeting and liaising with clients to discuss briefs, requirements and project progress
- Translating customer and market needs into product requirements, then executing these with our development and design teams.
- Keeping up-to-date with technological and software development trends
- Creating designs and specifications in liaison with UI/UX Designers, programmers, developing and using skills and expertise in appropriate design packages such as Photoshop, In Design and Sketch
- Hands-on research to determine functional requirements. Outputs typically include: POC validation via lo-fidelity prototype and supportive role on MVP production.
- Responsible for speccing front-end development of interactive projects and collaborating with a team of designers and developers (both internally and externally).
- Creation of design concepts, and application specs across: Wire frames, animations, 3D modeling, rapid developed prototypes, finished / production artwork.
- Excellent Photoshop grasp to use in a production environment
- Working with a wide range of engineering teams including hardware, firmware and software platforms.
- Feature verification and quick cycle feedback
- Making technical recommendations
- Develop the strategic product roadmaps based on technical understanding, new innovations, market and customer requirements, and strategic alignment to the business
- Testing products for errors and making suggestions for amendments.
- Review and report on product performance indicators
- Documentation of: design for production, application requirements, implementation guide, and user manuals.
- Converting designs into detailed specifications
- Assist and support user experience and user interface online strategies
- Managing schedule and capacity for software projects.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 5 years of Software experience, working with modern scrum and agile principles.
- At least 3 years experience in the sports technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software management or a related field
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Well-developed organizational skills, with the ability to build excellent working relationships
- Must have knowledge of sports tech and major sports industries globally such as Soccer, American Football, Basketball, Rugby etc.
- Team leadership experience
- Experience working in the high growth technology industry
- Proven track record in successfully guiding product and engineering teams
- Demonstrated expert ability to use a range of multimedia design tools
- Experience with designing computer graphics and wireframes
- Understanding of full-stack web-related issues and troubleshooting
- Experience in developing and integrating multimedia-based websites and applications
- Experience with industrial design and concept design for wearables
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- High energy, proactivity and a passion for creating a supportive and engaging working environment
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects and priorities in parallel
- Very strong attention to detail and strong administrative skills
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions
- Proven self-starter who takes initiative without high levels of direction
- Adaptable, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- $90,000 - $100,000 and superannuation not included.
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.