Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 2,900 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NRL, NFL, NBA, Premier League, La Liga and more.
We want people who are passionate about providing solutions to our clients.
The Senior Hardware Engineer will take the responsibility of hardware design, prototyping and production issues. It will be a plus for hardware design includes RF modules experience in GPS WiFi and Bluetooth. You will work with your manager and RD team include ME engineer and FW engineer.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work on EE hardware projects pertaining to the development of products in order to gain a competitive edge in the market.
- Responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and evaluating products. Understands, formulates, and negotiates product specifications, product plans, and schedules.
- Selects the optimal process or design, analyses competitors’ products, and assist in product definition. Monitors the works of EMS engineering teams.
- Assists and defined test and characteristization requirements.
- Reviews consolidated findings and draws recommendations for EE hardware product improvement.
- Manages all assigned facilities and equipment, and ensures confidential transfer of all sensitive information. Contribute to design proposals, ideas, applications, technical articles, and patents.
EE HW design:
- Understands, formulates, and negotiates product specifications, product plans, and schedules.
- Selects the optimal process or design, analyses competitors’ products, and assist in product definition
- Key component selection and block diagram definition
- EE HW schematic design and review, support RF field test.
- PCB layout review
- Sample PCB prototyping and debugging
- Defines product EE and RF HW test and characteristization requirements
- Reviews consolidated findings and draws recommendations for EE hardware product improvement
- Reviews manufacturer product test process and environment setup
- Reviews manufacturer production test results and draw recommendations for manufacturing process improvements
What You’ll Need:
- Ability M.S. degree in EE engineering
- Fluent in both Chinese and English; ideally a native English speaker.
- 5+ years in EE hardware design for GPS and Bluetooth in fitness products
- EE hardware design and performance measurement
- EMI/EMC measurement and debug
- RF circuit and antenna design and performance measurement. Measurement equipment: Spectrum analyser, signal analyzer (Will be a plus)
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer a flexible working environment, referral bonuses for introducing new employees, Quarterly Value Awards and regular social events.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favourite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.