Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers’ wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 2500 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NRL, NFL, NBA, Premier League, La Liga and more.
We want people who are passionate about providing amazing customer service.
The rapidly growing demand for Catapult in EMEA has led to the requirement for a Leeds based, Technical Sports Scientist to service the elite client base in the region, by installing hardware and software and additionally, supporting existing Catapult clients around the region.
In this role, you will work closely within the Operational Support Team and be a self-motivated individual capable of making decisions in the best interests of Catapult and its clients – while also delivering impeccable customer service.
You’ll be the frontline voice for Catapult in the region, and the standard to which our product performance is measured.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Online installation and training of the Catapult system – from GPS based wearable athlete tracking hardware, to an analytics software platform.
- Training and interpretation of Catapult data for client use.
- First-line technical support of Catapult’s elite wearable product offering.
- Customer service initiatives, follow-up calls, visits, emails and communication central to creating a great customer experience.
- Effective account management and monitoring of client health to assist with retention and renewals.
- Capturing market feedback and communicating this to the product team.
- Engaging with sports science research initiatives to develop sports science knowledge in the marketplace.
What You’ll Need:
- BSc in Sports and Exercise Science or similar.
- Experience in the sports industry with similar technologies is highly desirable.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to keep poise in stressful situations while working with elite professional sports teams.
- Understanding of many sports and the ability to communicate effectively with coaches.
- Adaptable, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- History of working within a team to over achieve planned targets.
- A passion for sport
- Multilingual is highly desirable
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer referral bonuses, Quarterly Value Awards and social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.