Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers’ wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 2500 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NRL, NFL, NBA, Premier League, La Liga and more.
We want people who are passionate about developing innovative solutions.
The Full Stack Web Developer (PHP) role is responsible for developing front-end web software and web services that turns performance data into valuable insights for coaches, working with both live and post-live data streams. The projects that you help to deliver will include Catapult’s flagship OpenField product and related league and broadcast-media offerings. Reporting to the Head of Software as part of the Wearables Software Team, the successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills, strong problem-solving capabilities and demonstrated experience developing robust, efficient and testable software.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborating to design and implement robust, testable and performant solutions to successfully meet customer requests and business needs
- Working with large datasets to produce valuable insights to coaches, athletes and broadcast partners
- Understanding, estimating and tracking progress towards development milestones
- Owning your outcomes, ensuring your work makes its way to QA validated and meeting the expectations of product owners
- Contributing to continuous improvement of our software and processes
What You’ll Need:
The ideal candidate will have:
Industry experience in software development:
- With 5+ years delivering robust, scalable web applications
- With a strong foundation in OOP and modern design patterns (MVC etc.)
- With web services and API development
- Using modern source-control solutions (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Using agile development practices
Skills and Attributes
Essential skills and attributes include:
- Strong, modern PHP coding skills
- Design and implementation capability in SQL (MySQL/MSSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Postgres) databases
- Working knowledge of Amazon AWS, particularly EC2 and RDS
- Good foundation in mathematics
- Ability to produce maintainable, traceable code
- Working knowledge of unit testing methods and tools
- Highly-developed problem-solving capability, and a willingness to learn
- Highly-organised and with excellent attention to detail, but pragmatic and able to prioritise
- Strong work ethic and endeavour to get the job done, able to work flexible working hours to support global customers
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Professional presentation and well-developed interpersonal skills
Desirable skills and attributes include:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Recent experience coding in C#
- Cross-platform development experience (Linux/Unix, OSX, Win)
- Genuine interest and understanding of common sports
- Understanding of sensor technologies (GPS, inertial etc.)
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer annual leave, superannuation, referral bonus, Quarterly Value Awards and social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.