Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 1,800 elite teams and institutes, across 35 sports in 82 countries and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NRL, NFL, NBA, Premier League, La Liga and more.
Leveraging our success in the elite space, Catapult is now moving into the prosumer market to supply our technology for the growing and lucrative sub-elite market via our PLAYR platform.
We want people who are passionate about enhancing and protecting our reputation through effective internal and external communication
Following an external review, this new role has been created to focus on promoting, positioning and protecting Catapult’s reputation and identity by ensuring a consistent, professional and strategic ‘voice’ both internally and externally.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will work closely with the others on the Catapult leadership team. You will need to have a strategic mindset but enjoy implementation and getting the job done. With a small team, you will be expected to oversee a diverse range of tasks in the areas of external and internal communications, including media engagement, social media, investor relations, stakeholder engagement and crisis management.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for the development and execution of the Catapult Communications Strategy both externally and internally
- Advising on reputation and communications issues with the CEO and other executives
- Providing the wider business with guidance, protocols and procedures to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our communications
- Engaging with the heads of the elite and prosumer sides of the business to ensure our communications are aligned with our market positioning
- Working closely with and advising the rest of the Global Marketing and People & Culture teams to ensure strategic alignment
- Building Catapult’s reputation amongst key external stakeholders.
- Managing interfaces with external advisers supporting the business in the areas of media, reputation and investor relations.
- Overseeing strategic marketing and PR campaigns and partnerships
What You’ll Need:
- At least 5 - 8 years’ communications experience, preferably across multiple communication disciplines
- Experience of strategic planning as well as hands on tactical delivery across a broad range of internal and external communications channels, ideally within a global business.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including senior executives.
- An interest in sports and technology would be beneficial
- Self-starter, highly motivated team player with a track record delivering to high standards
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism or other professional discipline
- Experience in a listed company would be advantageous but not essential
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer a flexible working environment, referral bonuses for introducing new employees, Quarterly Value Awards and regular social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state-of-the-art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.