Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 1800 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NRL, NFL, NBA, Premier League, La Liga and more.
Strong of its elite heritage, in June 2018 the newly created Catapult Sports consumer division launched a mass-market product named PLAYR (www.playrsmartcoach.com) which helps soccer (football) players around the world improve their game and get closer to the pros. The product combines a Smart Vest, a GPS enabled tracker and an iOS+Android app. PLAYR retails worldwide at USD 249 + Sales tax.
We want people who are passionate about providing amazing solutions to our clients.
The Operations Manager for PLAYR, reporting directly to the SVP Sales & Ops of the consumer division, will be tasked with the primary mission of managing our inventory and outbound logistics towards B2C and B2B clients. The role will be measured and made accountable for a) smooth sales order processing b) on-time & on-quality dispatch/delivery of orders c) keeping fixed and variable logistic costs within budget.
The role requires deep understanding of supply chain & logistics, as well as experience in managing 3PL partners & forwarders. You will be familiar with B2B retail fulfillment, direct-to-consumer (eCommerce) logistics as well as Amazon fulfillment options (FBA etc).
In order to offer a flawless supply of goods at any stage of the customer journey (including after sales) the Operations manager will need the experience and know-how to coordinate with multiple stakeholders across sales, procurement & customer support.
The position also requires advanced reporting and analytical skills to control all relevant supply chain and logistic KPIs.
Being passionate about sport, soccer and/or technology is an ideal combination to your logistic experience.
The role will be based in London but our operations have a global scope with the US, UK, Europe and Australia as our key markets. Therefore the successful candidate will have visits to our Ireland locations and quarterly visits to our US office.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Coordinate and process sales orders in the system and towards the 3PL partner
- Monitor the pick, pack and ship process on a daily basis
- Track B2B and B2C deliveries to final destination
- Independently and proactively problem-solve logistic matters including customs
- Coordinate with sales and after sales to keep clients informed (directly or via automated eCommerce APIs)
- Escalate to the Ops team when issues occur
- Monitor and report on inventory levels
- Track and report on a weekly basis on our outbound logistic performance
- Track and report on fixed and variable logistic costs on a monthly basis
- Propose, drive consensus and execution on logistic improvements
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years of experience B2B and B2C supply chain and logistics
- Your own personal track record of stellar supply chain KPIs
- Experience in process improvement models like Six Sigma, Lean or Kaizen
- Exposure to the supply chain challenges related to mass market consumer products (BlackFriday & Xmas seasonality) and ideally in consumer electronics
- Being an advanced user of SAP/NetSuite or similar ERPs
- Advance skills in excel & cloud based reporting tools
- Great communication skills: capable to build business relationships and communicate effectively
- Capability to plan meticulously, execute with attention to details and ready to work hard when the unexpected happens (this is a global business across multiple time zones)
- EQ in bringing the best ideas from different areas and drive consensus on process improvements based on solid KPIs.
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer a flexible working environment, referral bonuses for introducing new employees, Quarterly Value Awards and regular social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favourite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.