Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers’ wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Catapult is also the parent company of XOS Digital, the leading provider of video technology to collegiate and professional sports organizations in the US. Catapult now works with over 1800 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in the US, Australia, and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about sports, sales and want to win!
The rapidly growing demand for Catapult in North America has led to the required services of a Business Development Manager. This role is primarily hunting and developing new relationships, with some account management. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Sales, helping coaches, sports scientists and performance analysts turn objective data in to valuable athlete insights. This will be a remote-based position with responsibilities across the United States focused on the National Basketball Association (NBA).
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Prospecting and developing a pipeline and closing sales across the National Basketball Association (NBA)
- Being a spokesperson for Catapult and its brand initiatives as needed in local and national presentations of the technology and assets.
- Identifying markets for sales activity and enhancing and developing strategies of how to penetrate those markets.
- Manage and provide exceptional service to the NBA accounts nationwide
- Maintaining a CRM database and effectively using it to manage your contacts to forecast sales opportunities.
- Phone and email support of Catapult’s elite sport clients.
- Phone and web conferencing training of new users.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of business to business sales experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Exceptional, proven sales track record in similar roles, preferably in sports.
- Must have been a NCAA D1 athlete (basketball required)
- A self-starter able to maintain a cost-effective and time-effective travel schedule, completing expense reports and updating a CRM system daily. You’ll treat your role as if the business was your own.
- Flexible, with the ability to travel across the United States approximately 50%.
- Able to perform quality, scientific presentations in the field of athlete performance.
- Able to communicate with coaches by understanding the basics of targeted sports and pre-identify, through research, customer needs in advance of a presentation.
- Able to understand the differences in performance training, strength and conditioning, tactical skill training, rehabilitation, sports media and business development of the customers.
- We know our current needs, and we work at a very fast pace to achieve these. At times, we’ll demand a lot, but you’ll be rewarded well in return. We understand life balance and respect it.
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.