Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult is a global sports technology company with over 1800 clients and a portfolio of solutions that empower sports scientists, coaches, and athletes to train smarter and play better. Catapult is the parent company of XOS, the leading provider of video technology to collegiate and professional sports organizations in the US.
XOS uses advanced digital technology solutions to serve more than 900 NCAA, NFL, NBA and NHL teams. As the daily dashboard of the most experienced professional coaches in the country, backed by an innovative content licensing arm, XOS helps institutions integrate video, images, data and interactive technologies to assure maximum return on each digital investment.
At the heart of our continued growth and success is our employees. Our experienced team, comprised of the industry's brightest minds, is equally as passionate and competitive as the organizations we are proud to call our partners.
We want people who are passionate about leadership and software engineering.
Are you an aspiring DevOps engineer looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment? We are building the next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to address these needs. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
We are looking for a Principal DevOps engineer with strong Sass and cloud services experience. You will be responsible for building and operating all aspects of our cloud-based infrastructure with a focus on automation and tool development to achieve our vision of infrastructure as code. This is a high impact role in a fast paced organization that runs on the most cutting edge cloud based infrastructure.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineers to deploy and operate our systems, help automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, staging, and production environments.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with our development and operations teams to support application builds, continuous integration, deployments of features.
- Automate cloud infrastructure with Ansible, Terraform, Docker and AWS
- Enhance monitoring and alerting beyond the world of Nagios that spans across development and operations.
- Guide our development and operations team in infrastructure best practices
- Create health dashboards for infrastructure services
- Develop continuous integration tools and processes that streamline testing & deployment of a large-scale systems on public and private clouds
- Develop automation scripts, daemons, and APIs to reduce operational overhead
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years coding experience in scripting languages (Python, Bash, PHP)
- Passion for writing code to solve multiple problems through automation and tools
- Experience with Cloud based infrastructure, Amazon Web Services is a strong plus
- Experience with deployment and configuration system, Ansible is a strong plus, or puppet/chef
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix systems and sysadmin experience
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases is a strong plus (Postgres and Cassandra preferred)
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science of MIS preferred
- Excel in an agile and collaborative development environment
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.