Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult is a global sports technology company with over 1800 clients and a portfolio of solutions that empower sports scientists, coaches, and athletes to train smarter and play better. Catapult is the parent company of XOS, the leading provider of video technology to collegiate and professional sports organizations in the US.
XOS uses advanced digital technology solutions to serve more than 900 NCAA, NFL, NBA and NHL teams. As the daily dashboard of the most experienced professional coaches in the country, backed by an innovative content licensing arm, XOS helps institutions integrate video, images, data and interactive technologies to assure maximum return on each digital investment.
At the heart of our continued growth and success is our employees. Our experienced team, comprised of the industry's brightest minds, is equally as passionate and competitive as the organizations we are proud to call our partners.
We want people who are passionate about leadership and software engineering.
Are you an aspiring software engineering manager looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment helping elite sports teams across the globe? Then consider joining us here at Catapult Sports. We are building the next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to address these needs. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
The Software engineering manager is a technical leadership role on the Catapult Sports engineering team. Our engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for great leaders who can help us attract, mentor and retain more great engineers. We believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success and are looking for a software engineering manager who can coach these employees and help align their goals with organizational needs while building great software products.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Coaching, mentoring and recruiting engineers that know what great software looks like, and want to create it.
- Facilitating continuous learning for yourself and your team
- Driving continuous improvement and technical excellence
- Mentor engineering teams through formal and informal discussions, design reviews, technical presentations, peer code reviews, etc.
- Establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly
- Hands-on design and code writing across the full stack (React, NodeJS, Postgres/MySQL)
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of strong software engineering background working with cloud-based solutions
- 3+ years of experience as a manager
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science highly preferred
- Have demonstrated experience managing technical teams, setting goals and crafting plans to achieve them
- Expert understanding of enterprise-class system concepts (Deployment, Performance, Scalability, Availability, and Security)
- Strong understanding of test driven development and testing concepts to participate in unit testing, integration testing, system testing, and load testing
- Experience leading high performing teams with onsite and remote members
- Proficient at building engineering teams that ship with predictability and high quality
- Proficiency with open source tools and technologies.
- Experience in continuous integration / continuous deployment processes
- Experience building data intensive public/private cloud solutions for large-scale deployments
- Experience working with devOps to support internal engineering activities is a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.