Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult is a global sports technology company with over 1800 clients and a portfolio of solutions that empower sports scientists, coaches, and athletes to train smarter and play better. Catapult is the parent company of XOS, the leading provider of video technology to collegiate and professional sports organizations in the US.
XOS uses advanced digital technology solutions to serve more than 900 NCAA, NFL, NBA and NHL teams. As the daily dashboard of the most experienced professional coaches in the country, backed by an innovative content licensing arm, XOS helps institutions integrate video, images, data and interactive technologies to assure maximum return on each digital investment.
At the heart of our continued growth and success is our employees. Our experienced team, comprised of the industry's brightest minds, is equally as passionate and competitive as the organizations we are proud to call our partners.
We want people who are passionate about state of the art technology
Are you an aspiring Full Stack Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment helping elite sports teams across the globe? Then consider joining us here at Catapult Sports. We are building the next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to address these needs. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
You will be responsible for developing new efficient, scalable and effective software solutions in a mission critical environment. You will play a key role in auditing our existing code base and leading development plans to evolve existing applications as well as spearheading new, innovative efforts on burgeoning platforms built from scratch. Ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment with your short project timelines from conception to deployment.Our engineering teams are focused on building highly-reliable, large-scale SaaS solutions. We work on areas such as horizontal scaling, high availability, configuration-as-code & analytics.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design and develop complex, web or desktop software applications
- Building highly scalable and highly available RESTful apps used for search and retrieval of content from large datasets.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation in coordination with team objectives.
- Mentor junior developers and raise the bar for the team
- Participates in design and code reviews
- Create and maintain documentation as required
- Contribute to all phases of the development life-cycle
- Participate actively in scrum activities and overall improvement of work processes.
- Assess and make recommendations on processes, designs, operations, and testing
What You’ll Need:
- 6+ years Web Development experience.
- 2-4 years of experience with advanced UI frameworks like React
- 2-4 years of experience with NodeJS
- 2-4 years of experience with MongoDB or other non-relational databases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- RESTful architectures
- Strong understanding of test driven development and testing concepts to participate in unit testing, integration testing, system testing, and load testing
- Scaling, caching, and microservices (understanding of the web and web browsers, their capabilities and limitations.)
- CI/CD, build pipelines (jenkins, circleci, etc...)
- Experience implementing Cloud and/or Hybrid-Cloud solutions. Preferably AWS.
- Proven experience working with Agile methodologies for delivering software
- A strong base on the fundamentals with the ability to pick up and learn any 'stack'
- Always open for a discussion/debate and seeking consensus
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.