Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult is a global sports technology company with over 1800 clients and a portfolio of solutions that empower sports scientists, coaches, and athletes to train smarter and play better. Catapult is the parent company of XOS, the leading provider of video technology to collegiate and professional sports organizations in the US.
XOS uses advanced digital technology solutions to serve more than 900 NCAA, NFL, NBA and NHL teams. As the daily dashboard of the most experienced professional coaches in the country, backed by an innovative content licensing arm, XOS helps institutions integrate video, images, data and interactive technologies to assure maximum return on each digital investment.
At the heart of our continued growth and success is our employees. Our experienced team, comprised of the industry's brightest minds, is equally as passionate and competitive as the organizations we are proud to call our partners.
We want people who are passionate about software engineering.
We are looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer in Test who will create and help drive the team that will test our next generation of software platform for Catapult. You will define test harnesses and automation frameworks and will drive the development of test suites. You should be an expert with testing methodologies. We would prefer you to have experience working on platforms with both hardware and software elements and with testing from end to end. As a QA Engineer, you will help tackle a variety of customer challenges. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and test systems in partnership with other technology leaders within the team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will be a leader for our QE/SDET automation platform initiatives for our software products in a variety of aspects, both functional and performance.
- Automation development: work closely with developers to write automation tests and the supporting, reusable infrastructure to streamline and drive high test coverage.
- Work with Product and UX to understand and collaborate on defining product deliverables. Write a test plan for release, and test cases from requirements.
- Write maintainable, reliable, reusable, secure, performant code.
- Lead and participate in design and code reviews.
- Occasional manual tests when automation is not feasible yet.
- Drive test-related activities early in a sprint and maximize working in parallel with developers.
- Hone our good software development practices and testing fundamentals, including integration testing against APIs, client libraries, and UI.
- Maintain a culture that values technical excellence together with support and compassion for individuals
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience as a QE or SDET.
- Seasoned engineer with both manual and automated testing skills, who exhibits an ongoing passion for releasing quality deliverables that aids in continuous deployment.
- Must be able to write automated tests for both desktop and cloud applications and leverage tests during release cycles while supplementing with creative manual testing.
- Experience building automation solutions for MAC OSX, iOS, Android and Windows operating systems
- Must be able to analyze specifications to develop test plans and scripts, keep meticulous test related documentation and deliver feedback to team in order to improve overall delivery process.
- Experience working on a Cloud based platform
- Experience working in a scrum team.
- Strong object-oriented programming background
- Understanding of professional video/media applications is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from a four-year college or university preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training, certification and experience
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.