Catapult Sports is the world leader in elite sports performance analytics, pioneering GPS tracking technology and science for over 1,800 elite teams worldwide. Our products serve the biggest and best teams around the world in the AFL, NRL, NFL, NBA, Premier League, La Liga and more.
In June 2018 the Catapult Sports consumer division launched a mass-market product named PLAYR (www.playrsmartcoach.com) which helps football players around the world improve their game and get closer to the pros. The product combines a Smart Vest, a GPS enabled tracker and an app.
We’re looking for a talented up and coming Head of Digital Marketing who’s ready to step up and play a career defining role. Reporting directly to the SVP Growth of the consumer division, you will drive the process of expanding our digital and offline marketing channel presence to grow category and brand awareness; drive the growth of our D2C website through measurable returns.
It’s a startup proposition so you’ll need to be versatile across a range of disciplines and comfortable in quickly pivoting your focus based on activities that are having the most impact. It’s not easy building a new brand in an unestablished market - so the better you are at owning this rapid iteration, the more impact you will have!
- Lead the expansion of all paid marketing efforts across digital channels (PPC, SEO, Paid Social, Display, Retargeting, Affiliates, Programmatic) and offline performance channels (Direct Mail, Outdoor, Press, Inserts)
- Own the conversion metric for the D2C website through 1) a promotional calendar that maximises seasonality potential (and aligns with our sales team efforts) and 2) owning the prioritisation of new website features and tools; working closely with the development team to deliver them 3) spotting any technical / operational issues and leading the process of resolving them
- Lead and grow a best in class in house team (one intern and one digital marketing manager) and the relationship with agency / freelance partners. Continually reevaluate whether channels are best outsourced or run in house and build your resource plan accordingly
- Own the process of converting new emails leads into conversions and work closely with the rest of the PR / Content team to synergise campaigns with the blog and organic social activity
- Forecast the D2C website performance and iterate plans to keep us on track to our budget
- Underpin all of your efforts with a clear plan / do / review cycle and a consistent attribution methodology
- Set consistently high standards of execution across the team and be rigorous in enforcing them
- High degree of experience in digital marketing and / or ecommerce with proven examples of having built channels / campaigns from scratch
- Data and insight driven, with an ability to analyse data from multiple sources, including Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, PPC, SEM, attribution models and wider market surveys / reports
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, plan, and track against KPIs
- Love working in a vibrant startup / fast-moving environment
- Passionate about sports and technology innovation
- Enjoys thinking about the bigger picture as well as the detail
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer a flexible working environment, referral bonuses for introducing new employees, Quarterly Value Awards and regular social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favourite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.