Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult is a global sports technology company with over 1500 clients and a portfolio of solutions that empower sports scientists, coaches, and athletes to train smarter and play better. Catapult is the parent company of XOS, the leading provider of video technology to collegiate and professional sports organizations in the US.
XOS uses advanced digital technology solutions to serve more than 900 NCAA, NFL, NBA and NHL teams. As the daily dashboard of the most experienced professional coaches in the country, backed by an innovative content licensing arm, XOS helps institutions integrate video, images, data and interactive technologies to assure maximum return on each digital investment.
At the heart of our continued growth and success is our employees. Our experienced team, comprised of the industry's brightest minds, is equally as passionate and competitive as the organizations we are proud to call our partners.
We want people who are passionate about front end development.
The Front End Web Developer will work with our engineering team to create web-based applications that are used by players and coaches of all sports at the highest levels to solve problems around game planning, team management and content distribution. This is an opportunity to play an instrumental role in extending XOS’ product set to be more scalable, available and usable.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of experience creating interactive web applications that emphasize user interaction
- Proficiency with common web development tools and processes for source control, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience with React and Redux (immutability, optimization, etc)
- Highly-developed problem-solving capability, and a willingness to learn
- Highly-organized and with excellent attention to detail, but pragmatic and able to prioritize
- Strong work ethic and endeavour to get the job done, able to work flexible working hours to support global customers
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team
What We’d Prefer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related training
- Experience with HTML5 based video playback and editing/manipulation (highly desired)
- Experience consuming API data and subsequent integration with web applications (i.e. with React apps, Angular apps, etc)
- Experience creating web applications with some component of diagramming (e.g. lucidchart)
- Experience working with visualization libraries (e.g. D3, Highcharts)
- Full-stack development experience
- Working knowledge of unit testing methods and tools
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.