Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers’ wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 1500 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the Premier League, La Liga, NFL, AFL, NBA, NHL and more.
We want people who are passionate about bringing new products to market.
Catapult has started the search for a Vice President of Marketing to evolve and enhance the brand message and marketing strategy for our rapidly expanding Consumer business. You will define and solidify our reputation as the category leader in the soccer Consumer performance analytics space, further evangelize the value proposition, and develop market strategies to deliver on our ambitious growth trajectory and return on investment KPI’s.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will develop the strategy and oversee the execution of marketing campaigns to fulfill the Catapult Consumer mission. As Catapult VP of Consumer Marketing, you’ll help shape the conversation around the performance benefits of using our technology and, along with our CEO of Consumer, you will author the unique story as it unfolds in the market using inbound marketing strategies such as press, social media, content marketing, events, out-of-home activations and advertising, as well as strategic industry centric partnerships.
The successful VP of Marketing will have a strong marketing and creative background, a history of executing inbound and permission-based marketing for consumer startups, a demonstrated track record as a professional leader with a knack for developing teams, and the business acumen to lead the marketing team in the execution of Catapult Consumer strategic objectives. Reporting to our CEO of Consumer, you will initially manage a small existing team and be tasked with adding the relevant talents as the company continues to grow.
What You’ll Need:
Desired Skills and Experience – The ideal candidate will need the following skills:
- Seasoned Startup Marketing Executive: 7+ years of consumer marketing experience in technology high growth startups; including bringing to market and scaling brand and product, with prior domain experience at a leading sport technology or consumer brand a strong plus
- Proven leader: 3+ years of experience leading and motivating teams. Executive leadership of brand strategy and execution, known as a team-player with a strong track record of developing, promoting, and hiring talent
- Brand Strategy and Marketing: Proven ability to oversee consumer research, both qualitative and quantitative; with expertise in defining brand strategy, promise, and positioning
- Inbound / Permission Marketing: Demonstrated track record as an executive with responsibility for inbound / permission-based marketing; with experience building online audiences/readerships, and generating inbound traffic
- PR and Communications: Experience leading PR and communications, preferably with a startup, building relationships with the press, analysts and other industry influencers/stakeholders
- Organic Search (SEO) and Paid search: Expertise in driving company growth through organic marketing, including developing programs for SEO, ASO, and social marketing. Literate on all paid search channels having experienced it first hand.
- Product Marketing: Successful history of executing marketing campaigns to support product and market launches in both the North American and European geographies.
- Marketing Creative: Knack for design with an understanding of the interplay between visual and written mediums; with at least 5 years working directly with creative teams to execute marketing campaigns
- Analytical Bias Towards Monitoring and Metrics: Ability to clearly define quantifiable objectives with a detail-oriented approach to tracking and executing projects
- Proven experience in developing and implementing comprehensive strategy for global brands
- Tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to work in a fast-changing environment, with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Highly structured and disciplined. Able to execute holistic and integrated marketing campaign across different geographies simultaneously.
- Operational rigor combined with excellent business acumen, problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and measurable output
- Highly engaged and passionate about the sports world; up to date on the latest news and trends in our industry to drive ideas. Soccer fan is a plus.
- Executive-level written and visual presentation skills, with effective oral communication capabilities with peers, management and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent English written and spoken skills (Spanish and / or French a plus)
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer annual leave, pension, referral bonus, Quarterly Value Awards and social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.