Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers’ wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 1500 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NRL, NFL, NBA, Premier League, La Liga and more.
We want people who are passionate about developing innovative solutions.
Catapult is building out the development team for its cloud based athlete tracking solution. This ground breaking software tool provides insights into athlete training, injury predictions, wellness and performance in conjunction with all of organisation business data to help teams and individuals perform at their optimum. This position is to take a key role in the design and execution of our innovation plans, working with other software programmers, sports scientists and engineers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Successfully translating customer requests into technical specifications in agreed timeframes
- Helping design and implement new cloud based solutions for managing elite athlete data
- Developing solutions for managing large datasets and distilling information into concise user reports
- Validating new software features
- Updating task management and source control logs
- Working collaboratively with the other members of the software team
- Ensuring that the product leaves development into the field validated and meeting the expectations of our customers and staff – building confident in the products
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of Object Oriented PHP experience
- PHP Framework experience: Laravel
- RESTful and SOAP web service development experience.
- Strong understanding of front-end technologies including Bootstrap, SASS, CSS3, HTML5, jQuery
- Client-side MVC frameworks: React.js with some AngularJS
- Experience with Webpack, and/or Grunt is a big plus.
- Agile Scrum experience
- Git / GitHub
- MySQL and Postgres
- Previous experience translating customer concepts into detailed technical specifications
- Strong delivery focus and time management skill
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer annual leave, superannuation, referral bonus, Quarterly Value Awards and social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.