Catalant helps the world’s leading organizations get from strategy to execution faster. Our Platform empowers organizations to work with greater agility to accelerate growth, drive efficiency, and rapidly innovate.
Trusted by more than 30 percent of the Fortune 100, the Catalant Platform enables business leaders to organize and gain visibility into mission critical work, access and dynamically deploy both internal and external resources, and track the speed, quality, and impact of work to drive better business performance. Access to our robust Expert Marketplace of over 55,000 independent experts and 1,000 boutique consulting firms helps organizations fill in critical capabilities and capacity gaps on high-priority projects.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Highland Capital, GE Ventures, and Greylock Partners.
We’re looking for curious, scrappy, talented people with a bias for action to join our team. Your next big thing is already here.
Catalant Technologies is searching for an experienced Salesforce Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will design, develop, maintain, and implement key technical components of our sales technology and systems (especially Salesforce.com) for our internal sales users. You will have an opportunity to work across a growing number of integrations and solutions and will work closely with the Sales, Operations, Finance, Legal and Marketing teams to contribute to and deliver on an evolving strategic roadmap. You will be expected to work with business stakeholders across multiple functional areas within the organization, often playing several different roles within a project lifecycle, where you will guide business users and develop and deliver quality work products. This is a hands-on role that requires significant technical experience with Salesforce and related technologies.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What you'll do:
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment
- Own all administrative functions including object and field creation, user administration, workflow rules, page layouts, reporting and dashboards, process builder and flows
- Hands on design and development of custom solutions and general Salesforce administration
- Lead systems design and integration between Salesforce and other business systems in our ecosystem
- Manage Salesforce releases and validation
- Manage Salesforce data quality and integrations
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert on all Salesforce related projects
- Participate in requirements gathering, creating specifications, scoping and estimation and recommend technical solutions to stakeholders
- Optimize current technical implementations
- Respond to and resolves support escalations
- Periodically train Salesforce users on new and existing functionality
- Provide technical support for vendor assessments
- Create and maintain technical documentation
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 3-6 years of experience in Salesforce administration and architecture
- Experience with Salesforce automation: workflow rules, process builder, and flows
- Salesforce certifications preferred
- Experience maintaining and configuring integrations, including API, ETL, and bulk data connections
- Familiarity with JIRA and agile/scrum methodologies
- Experience with Apex and Lightning Development
- Experience with ERP and/or Marketing Automation systems
Who you are:
- Demonstrates integrity and authenticity
- Is action-oriented and takes initiative
- Is an adaptable team player who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Has excellent critical thinking, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills