- Codes such items as invoices, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files and maintains documents, records and reports.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Reports sales and use taxes.
- Posts customer payments.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales and from customers.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts and preparing reports.
- Accountable for recording the cost of fixed assets that have been newly acquired.
- Keeps track of existing fixed assets.
- Records depreciation expense.
- Performs accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Tracks the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Performs regular physical inventory counts of fixed assets.
- Performs analysis related to fixed assets when requested by management.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
- 3-4 years’ accounts payable, accounts receivable and/or general accounting experience
- Previous experience with Intacct, Bill.com, and/or Tallie a plus
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Team Player
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines