We are looking for an outstanding Quality Assurance Engineer who is willing and able to develop QA practices while working with our engineering team in a fast-paced, agile environment. This position is on site in Charlottesville, Virginia and we are not offering relocation assistance.
Our products are trusted by our partners. You will be our first QA position and will guide the direction of all Quality Assurance at the company. As we are a small team, you must be flexible in your work and willing to assume diverse responsibilities. Your primary role will be in the creation, maintenance, and execution of the company’s quality protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interface with Dev Ops and Engineering on issues to resolve and deploy
- Provide input on functional requirements and potential problems.
- Ensure full lifecycle testing including integration, regression, and stress tests.
- Design, document, execute, and maintain test plans, scenarios, use cases, scripts, and procedures.
- Design, execute and maintain test automation system and test scripts.
- Document software defects using Jira.
- Find and report defects and issues to Engineering and Creative Departments.
- Help investigate Field and Customer problems as needed.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and work with all teams involved to get a resolution
- Perform black box testing on physical game hardware.
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on Quality needs
- Time and project skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Successful experience with manual and automated testing processes.
- Able to embrace and excel in a small company environment that may require effort outside of your typical role.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role with work in C#, ASP.Net MVC, WPF, Flash, Windows embedded standard 7, and Windows server 2016
- Experience with version control and issue tracking.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and dev cycle.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify root causes of issues.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in information systems or computer science) or equivalent relevant experience. (Equivalent experience in lieu of education = 2 years of experience may be substituted for 1 year of education, with a minimum of a high school diploma).
**We are not providing visa sponsorships now or in the future.**