We are looking for an experienced DevOps (Development and Operations) professional to join our organization. In this position, you will start-up and manage infrastructure projects and processes. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential. This is a solo position (for now) and you will be working on automation and establishing tools and best practices as part of the release process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Development and Creative teams to test system integrity and speed up development and deployment
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Test implemented designs
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and ops
- Brainstorm new ideas to improve development delivery
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes
- Work with open-source technologies as needed
- Assist team through development and operations
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Will work in Charlottesville office on custom hardware platforms
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer (or similar) role;
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development or devops
- Experience with Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, Agile workflow methodologies.
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MS SQL
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to prioritize, and manage time efficiently
**We are not providing visa sponsorships now or in the future.**