Castle Hill Gaming is seeking a Data Scientist to help us refine and deliver even better products using data. Castle Hill Gaming creates casino gaming machines for gaming markets all over the United States. You will work to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across our core business markets.
An ideal candidate must be able to . . .
- Create and support software that facilitates aggregation of company wide data
- Program basic tools using database queries like SQL and Zoho reports
- Use state-of-the-art data mining methods
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Data wrangle a variety of data sources by processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform analyses and present results/recommendations in a clear manner to the sales, design, and executive teams and the board
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and track their performance
- Build both a roadmap for the tools and a process to manage the data as it grows exponentially
- Integrate new sources of data, such as competitive, geographic, weather, and calendar data
- Familiar with statistical tests, distributions, maximum likelihood estimators, etc.
- Ability to use Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra to derive statistical data as well as predictive results
- Strong scripting and programming skills with C# and other programming/scripting languages
- Familiar with languages such as Python, R, etc.
- Proficiency in using SQL
- Strong understanding of data visualization
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to answer questions spontaneously
- Ability to multitask and operate independently
- Master’s degree in Math, Statistics, CS or a related quantitative discipline. PhD preferred
- 5+ years managing or supervising IT teams