Castle Hill Gaming is seeking a Data Scientist to assist us as we refine and deliver even better products. Castle Hill Gaming creates casino slot games for gaming markets all over the United States. We are looking for someone who will build the Data Scientist department and manage the current data team. You will work to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across our core business markets.
An ideal candidate must be able to . . .
- Create and support software that facilitates aggregation across multiple cloud platforms of companywide data
- Program tools using advanced database queries like SQL
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Conduct high level statistical analyses of datasets
- Data wrangle a variety of data sources by processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform analyses and present results/recommendations in a clear manner to the sales, design, and executive teams and the board
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and track their performance
- Build both a roadmap for the tools and a process to manage the data as it grows exponentially
- Integrate new sources of data, such as competitive, geographic, weather, and calendar data
- Demonstrated ability to apply, test and create predictive models
- Familiar with statistical tests, distributions, maximum likelihood estimators, etc.
- Ability to derive statistical data as well as predictive results
- Strong understanding of data visualization
- Proficiency in using SQL
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to answer questions spontaneously
- Ability to multitask and operate independently
- Ability to work from the Castle Hill office in Charlottesville, VA
- Master’s degree in Math, Statistics, CS or a related quantitative discipline.
- PhD in Statistics, Math, or Data Science
- Strong scripting and programming skills with, Python, R C# and other programming/scripting languages
- 5+ year managing or supervising team
*** We are not offering Visa sponsorship or transfers for this position, now or in the future.