Castle Hill Gaming (CHG), headquartered in the Charlottesville area, is searching for accounts payables and accounts receivable clerks to join its Finance Department. Launched in 2013, Castle Hill Gaming was founded by a group of seasoned veterans of the online video and casino gaming industries. Today, Castle Hill is leveraging its expertise to bring the latest generation of slot games to the $25B Tribal market, blending compelling character animations with engaging storylines to create a uniquely immersive player experience. CHG offers a competitive compensation package, including generous benefits for this important staff position.
- Processes mail
- Codes invoices, check requests, etc., correctly to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements with accounting records.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files and maintains documents, records and reports.
- Reports sales and use taxes.
- Reviews expense reports to ensure proper submission and approval.
- Ensures that receipts appropriately support expenses.
- Follows up with staff members with questions.
- Uses Tallie, the current expense report software, to code expenses and then accurately records these in accounting system.
- Receives credit card statements
- Reconciles statements to expense reports/accounting system.
- Resolves discrepancies and disputes inaccurate charges by working with the credit card companies, staff members and vendors.
- Posts customer payments.
- Works with Sales Department and customers to investigate and resolve account discrepancies.
- Monitors accounts receivable aging and communicates with customers and Sales Department on delinquent accounts. Collects overdue invoices.
- Maintains fixed asset records by tracking existing assets, adding new assets and recording disposals in the fixed asset automated system.
- Records depreciation expense in the accounting system.
- Tracks the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Performs periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets.
- Performs analysis related to fixed assets when requested by management.
- Performs other duties as required to support the Company’s operations and the Finance Department personnel.
- Minimum of 4 years’ accounts payable, accounts receivable and/or general accounting experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with clients, vendors and other team members.
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills. Flexibility required to be successful in dynamic early stage environment.
- Team player
- Ability to track and bring open issues to closure
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Previous experience with Sage Intacct, Bill.com, and/or Tallie a plus
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.