To make sure that the entire supply chain is running smoothly, Inventory Specialists must be able to simultaneously monitor the big-picture numbers of a company’s inventory, as well as the specific numbers of each individual product. This means that Inventory Specialists need to have great attention to detail, a calm and methodical working style and the ability to multitask under pressure. In addition to these general skills and qualities, CHG is looking for Inventory Specialists with the following skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue inventory - required to pull orders (by work orders or other forms) and record this movement in the inventory system
- Receive inventory – confirms each shipment is properly received and recorded into the company’s database
- Shipping inventory – Packages inventory items securely and process paperwork for shipment
- Inspect Returned inventory – determine the status of the parts (send for testing or restock)
- Maintain Count Accuracy - weekly cycle counts of inventory materials and assist in conducting complete physical inventory count annually
- Organize Inventory Warehouse Area - maintains labeling system on each stock item, manually stocks inventory shelving with stock items received or returned
- Provide Reports – issues accurate reports of inventory on hand and inventory on order with ETA as requested
- Graduation from high school and five (5) years’ experience in a computer-aided warehousing operation, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Familiarity with ERP and data entry systems
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy lifting
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great written and verbal communication
- Basic budget management skills
- Ability to perform detailed work, being careful about detail and being thorough in completing task.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in entering part numbers and equipment counts is critical. Basic Math capabilities a must.
- Advise Manager as to the availability of critical equipment.
- Ability to cooperate, being pleasant with others and on the job and displaying a good-natured, supportive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize information and arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to established procedure.
- Demonstrated strong service orientation, understanding and helpfulness to others as well as actively seeking ways to be helpful.
- Effective speaking and active listening skills, conveying information effective and giving full attention and taking time to understand what others are saying.
- Ability to compose effective and clear emails.
- Capable of operation a standard computer terminal and keyboard. Knowledge of Microsoft programs and use of a computer required. Word and Excel knowledge a must.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Must be able to physically and mentally capable of functioning effectively with moderate to high levels of stress in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- Work history must display stability and good attendance.