Castiron is a mission-driven e-commerce company that elevates how independent kitchen-based creators sell to their customers and provides them with resources and community to support their whole business. We are changing the way that entrepreneurs grow their businesses and our team is obsessed with delivering value for our customers. Our suite of products simplify ecommerce and streamline operations, helping entrepreneurs focus on what they love as they build a successful business
As our Head of Product, your efforts will shape the future of the company and your career growth and opportunities will be dramatically accelerated.
Castiron’s Head of Product will lead our product development efforts and help us reach the millions of independent artisans who need our help. We are looking for a thoughtful and strategic problem solver. The right candidate will ground herself in a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and balance the long term roadmap with a steady delivery of features and functionality that provide value for our customers and for our business.
You will own our product roadmap, be responsible for how and where we make our product and engineering investments. You will collaborate closely with the CEO, and all parts of the company to establish our company as the category leader.
This is a career-defining opportunity to have a direct, hands-on impact on the growth and development of a category-defining company.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead with a customer-centric mission and engage regularly with our customers
- Build the Castiron product team, including product management and design
- Create a product roadmap that delivers value to our artisans while helping us achieve our company goals, with a focus on user onboarding, retention, integrations, and on-platform transactions
- Work with a sense of urgency. Balance the prioritization of this visionary roadmap with the need to optimize the growth, engagement, and monetization of our mission
- Collaborate closely with engineering, design, marketing, and customer success
- Work directly with senior leadership to design and execute overall business strategy and chart the future path of the Castiron business
What We’re Looking For:
- A true early product owner with an entrepreneurial spirit that is flexible, experimental, and resourceful
- A motivational team leader with a refined ability to inspire and innovate while achieving company goals
- Deep experience with small business-focused, freemium SaaS
- Ability to see beyond the current landscape and anticipate innovation to unlock future opportunities. Ability to clearly communicate the vision to gain buy-in and resources to capitalize on those opportunities
- Experience framing a product strategy in the context of business goals and customer needs; considering ROI, business objectives, unit economics, customer need, and competitive differentiation as a part of every initiative.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and executional level; ideate and directly execute, leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data to help you make decisions
- Experience driving complex projects forward with high-performing,the cross-functional teams against tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build solid relationships across the organization
- 8+ years of product management experience, with significant experience in organizational leadership and management
- Our Makers Come First - Without our creators, we are nothing. We will always put them first and ask ourselves “Is it good for our artisans?” before making big decisions.
- Think Big & Move Fast - We are here to make meaningful change. We mean to take big swings and change the world. There are a limited number of hours in the day, and we only have a limited time on this earth to fulfill our mission. We will take every opportunity to accelerate our progress.
- Built to Last - We will not be a flash in the pan. Like a well-made and well-cared-for cast iron pan, we will build with care to stand the test of time and deliver value across generations.
- Believe - We are creating something that doesn’t yet exist. We will encounter obstacles and we must maintain curiosity and ruthless optimism.
- Feed the Soul -- We will do well by doing good. We will leave our interactions and our planet better than we found them.
Castiron is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.