Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Retail pod, the team focused on bridging online/offline experiences through technology. As a company built on a strong digital foundation, technology is integral to our retail vision and how customers experience the Casper brand in-stores. As an engineer, you’ll build and deliver at least one new consumer-facing app in 2017, and play a key role in creating a premiere omni-channel experience.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Lead execution and planning for the development of apps with a focus on native mobile.
- Dream up new and interesting ways in which mobile technology can bridge Casper’s digital and physical domains, and enfuse our omni-channel retail experience with joy and satisfaction.
- Work closely with Creative, Product, and our Retail teams to build an exciting digital experience in Casper’s retail stores and then scale the technology for the future.
- Deliver high quality peer-reviewed code that advances technology strategy
- Think independently about ways the tech team can provide value to the company and work to realize your own ideas.
Our dream candidate is...
- Comfortable developing and shipping consumer-facing native iOS and Android apps in React Native.
- An advocate of simple designs and delightful user interactions.
- Smart at finding solutions that meet business goals and align with team needs.
- Pro-active. You can independently seek out answers and own project responsibilities..
- A clear communicator that can reduce ambiguity and promote transparency with team members and co-workers.
- Engaged with the technical community and stays up to date on current trends.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!