Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
Casper is looking for a rockstar email leader to join our Retention & CRM team. You will manage our global email marketing program, an element of our business that is incredibly critical to our success. You are an email marketing expert and thought leader — you are well-spoken on email strategy, the ESP and CRM landscape, email best practices and global regulations, KPIs, and new technology. You have a passion for email marketing and will accept nothing less than a best-in-class marketing program. You excel on a strategic level, but also have the expertise to get into the weeds and deploy a campaign or troubleshoot database challenges. You need to be comfortable with change and be interested in taking on more than your core responsibilities. This role will report to the Director of CRM & Retention Marketing.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Management of global email program for US, Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, UK, France, and all future regions
- Management of one direct report, email marketing agency, as well as potential opportunity to further expand the team
- Final responsibility and accountability for strategy and execution of all parts of the program.
- Ownership of the evolution and growth of the program
- Automations content/cadence strategy, and overseeing the execution/technical setup strategy
- Establish and enforce the email campaign deployment cadence rules and restrictions globally
- Approval of all sends/automations before they are scheduled
- Strategic input and accountability for all creative
- Using implicit and explicit customer data to personalize the email experience
- Maintain high levels of data hygiene with fast-growing, high-volume lists and data from multiple sources, including Salesforce Service Cloud, our data warehouse, and other email tools
- Ownership of email calendar, creative briefing, testing plans, and prioritization
- Managing and forging strong relationships across the full Casper team (creative, marketing, CX, product) to determine the appropriate email content, cadence, and creative executions
- Weekly, monthly, long-term reporting, and providing strategic recommendations and tests based on performance
- Improving all KPIs: deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, revenue, as well as specific business goals around individual campaigns
- Strong understanding of CAN-SPAM and email regulations across all relevant regions and ability to enforce internally
- Email marketing thought leadership: strong understanding of best in class email marketing, new tools and software, and desire/ability to create a best in class program at Casper, participation in email marketing community
- Stewardship of email acquisition/lead generation:
- Ownership of sweepstakes partnerships and calendar, as well as performance
- Partnership with acquisition marketing managers to determine email acquisition strategy and spend, accountability for KPIs including volume, revenue, and ROAS
Our dream candidate is...
- 3-7 years email marketing experience
- Experience managing direct reports
- HTML/CSS coding experience
- Prior experience within ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud; additional ESPs a plus
- Prior experience with Salesforce Service Cloud a plus
- Prior experience with email personalization and dynamic content
- Indisputable expertise in email marketing best practices, global compliance regulations, and deliverability
- Understanding of email deliverability metrics & tech integrations
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to optimize, particularly within Excel and Looker
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage various projects at once in an ever-changing environment, while working well with and inspiring cross-functional teams
- Passion for continuous improvement and being the best
- Loves sleep!
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!